Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

Does anyone have an image to compare a cmore slideride/railway to the Dpp or other microdot sight? Curious to see how the Windows compare. Looking for something to put on an open shotgun, in a 6 or 8 moa dot.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have an image to compare a cmore slideride/railway to the Dpp or other microdot sight? Curious to see how the Windows compare. Looking for something to put on an open shotgun, in a 6 or 8 moa dot.

I couldn't find the original pic I took but I have a pic in this thread. Scroll down a few posts

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=233513

when ive used the triangles i zero to the top point of the dot so covering a portion of the target isnt an issue.

This is the way to go. The deltapoint lets you be ultra precise when needed and point and shoot the rest of the time. You can even use the triangle to compensate for the height over bore of the sight itself on close shots

hi again

well all the glock 34 MOA"s coming into australia are pre sold so its going to be a very long time b4 i can get my hands on one,the only other way i can go will be to buy a normal G34 and use the "all pistol mounts kit" (120057) for the optic mount,

now some of the dealers are saying dont bother as the kits will not last,the problem for me is i will be shooting around 300 rounds every wk and i need it to last,so have any of you had experience with the kit and will it take the amount i want to shoot?

thanks guys mick

Hi Everyone. Those who are running the Arredondo mount with the Pro, are you running the 5-40 screws or did you re tap it for the larger Metric screws? I know you have to go to a much longer 5-40 when moving from the original Deltapoint to the Pro and just a bit worried about it possibly loosening. Thanks.

I ended up tapping for the Screws that came with the DP. I had planned on using 5-40 but didn't like how the holes in the DP would have been oversized for the and the head didn't fit the chamfer as cleanly

Hi Everyone. Those who are running the Arredondo mount with the Pro, are you running the 5-40 screws or did you re tap it for the larger Metric screws? I know you have to go to a much longer 5-40 when moving from the original Deltapoint to the Pro and just a bit worried about it possibly loosening. Thanks.

I tapped mine for the bigger screws supplied with the Deltapoint

can anyone give me some feed back on the kit to fit the delta point pro on the rear site,its the only way i can go so if its not lasting i will try and find some one to mill the slide,all MOA block 34's are pre sold coming into australia

will this kit last shooting around 300 rounds every wk

thanks guys

sorry for the repost but i didnt get any replys

can anyone give me some feed back on the kit to fit the delta point pro on the rear site,its the only way i can go so if its not lasting i will try and find some one to mill the slide,all MOA block 34's are pre sold coming into australia

thanks guys

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/659650/leupold-deltapoint-pro-pistol-mount-kit-matte?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Optics+-+Scope+Rings%2C+Bases%2C+Mounting+%26+Accessories-_-Leupold-_-659650&gclid=CjwKEAjw7qi7BRCvsr3N58GvsTkSJAA3UzLv0r_fDF9ghyyTrBWSoF3cAa8CiXvPbFqvdyRqTu5mXRoCHTnw_wcB

thanks guys

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/659650/leupold-deltapoint-pro-pistol-mount-kit-matte?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Optics+-+Scope+Rings%2C+Bases%2C+Mounting+%26+Accessories-_-Leupold-_-659650&gclid=CjwKEAjw7qi7BRCvsr3N58GvsTkSJAA3UzLv0r_fDF9ghyyTrBWSoF3cAa8CiXvPbFqvdyRqTu5mXRoCHTnw_wcB

thanks for the link but i need to know if the kit will last,some of the dealers here say dont bother as its not lasting long,i will be shooting every wk and this kit is $293 here

Edited by mickd1

thanks guys

thanks for the link but i need to know if the kit will last,some of the dealers here say dont bother as its not lasting long,i will be shooting every wk and this kit is $293 here

Not sure how they know what will last. This dot hasn't been around long enough for much data. If it were me, I would just mill the slide and be done with it. Probable cost less that $293

• 2 weeks later...

First issue with the DPP. Well, not the scope but the mount. The Arrandondo mount is too thin. Right screw completely stripped the threads from mount from recoil. There are only 3 threads holding on the mount due to the thin profile of the base.
Pics of new custom mounts coming this weekend.

The kit appears to be identical to the plate kit bundled with the 'all mount' version of first generation Delta Point, if you can find someone local that put their gen 1 on a rifle or milled slide, they might give you the plate for free or much lower price.

can anyone give me some feed back on the kit to fit the delta point pro on the rear site...

Mick, I can't tell you anything about that particular kit, however, I do have a Trijicon RMR mounted in a similar fashion via a plate from Springer Precision on a 40 XDM.

http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=232&categoryId=36

I don't have enough rounds through that gun to say anything about durability, but I'm sure there are people who do, and you could always talk with Springer to get a feel for durability. It obviously won't tell you durability about that specific kit you're looking at but maybe the similarities will be enough to let you take the jump

I'm giving the 2.5 MOA DPP a go with the Cheely mount. Only a few hundred rounds so far, but I'm liking it. As Shadyscott and others have said, I think the dot is a little brighter than the RTS2. Both of my RTS2s have been running fine after upgrading, but I don't have confidence in them. Having to finish a stage with no dot several times can do that to you. Hopefully this is the ticket.

2d1u70g.jpg

2h87cxx.jpg

Edited by tyler2you

Can't a mount that is made for a CMore be cut shorter from the back end and drilled and tapped to accept the DO or Rts

It's possible but a little more involved. Shay has modified a couple mounts. You have to put pins in the mount in the correct location and drill and tap for the larger screws in the proper location.

• 3 weeks later...