Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dinosaur Rock must pay well...

ChuckS

Actually it allows them to go places they couldn't go before because it was too expensive. The entire band, crew, and gear all travel in one plane. So the efficiency offsets the seeming expense. Check out Flight 666, it's the documentary about the first time they did this, very well done.

"Outside his career in music, Dickinson is well known for his wide variety of other pursuits. Most notably, he undertook a career as a commercial pilot for Astraeus Airlines, which led to a number of media-reported ventures such as captaining Iron Maiden's converted charter aeroplane, Ed Force One, during their world tours. Following Astraeus' closure, he created his own aircraft maintenance and pilot training company in 2012, Cardiff Aviation"

These dudes are the hardest rocking old dudes ever! I saw them on the (new) Maiden England tour a few years ago, they rocked it so freaking hard, my head hurt for a week! Bruce still has it, dudes half his age would be hard pressed to keep up with his stage presence! Totally awesome, they're my number 1 favorite metal band!

"Outside his career in music, Dickinson is well known for his wide variety of other pursuits. Most notably, he undertook a career as a commercial pilot for Astraeus Airlines, which led to a number of media-reported ventures such as captaining Iron Maiden's converted charter aeroplane, Ed Force One, during their world tours. Following Astraeus' closure, he created his own aircraft maintenance and pilot training company in 2012, Cardiff Aviation"

In other words one hand is washing the other

The show last night was amazing. If Bruce has any lingering effects from his cancer, it didn't show, his voice was as powerful as ever. Won't post set list spoilers but that was the best part, what a great mix of tunes. So glad I didn't look at it before going, the surprises made the night for me.

The show last night was amazing. If Bruce has any lingering effects from his cancer, it didn't show, his voice was as powerful as ever. Won't post set list spoilers but that was the best part, what a great mix of tunes. So glad I didn't look at it before going, the surprises made the night for me.

That's good news :) so now the waiting begins ..

A good friend of mine has done many years of work with touring bands, some big, some small. But the biggest problem with big bands is that the bigger the band, the bigger (exponentially) everything that they carry along gets.

As the demand for flashy shows and getting more bang for your buck increases, the more they have to provide to entertain the crown. Iron Maiden, have always been one of the more outlandish groups out there, way out there. Theie own aircraft, owned or leased, just makes sense. The gear has to get there, the crew has to get there, the Band have to get their somehow. So lets all get there together.

Economies of scale.

Been to two of their concerts over the years, the first quite some time ago, when both them and I were not so grey. Fantastic.

Been to two of their concerts over the years, the first quite some time ago, when both them and I were not so grey. Fantastic.

I saw them open for the scorpions in a school Gymnasium in Germany in 81!

That is awesome!

hell, that was pre bruce with paul dianno on vocals, so glad he wasnt a premadonna and sang songs off the first two albums right from the start and still to this day

Edited by cnote