Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol competition will be kaput.

Ultimo-Hombre

Yea Zach, don't you want cry havoc, crush a plate rack, and have the ladies flock to you and your carbine?

I just talked to some ladies about PCC and they were like "what kind of emasculated doofus would shoot a pcc? is it to compensate for the lack of endowment of their *other* barrel"

so draw your own conclusions about that. I'm not really a rifle guy. I like practicing.

I just talked to more attractive and, most importantly,more real ladies and they said carbine shooters put the capital "P" in PCC. It was hard to understand them though, with all their gasping at my *barrel length*. Thank god I still have my fainting couch just underneath my carbine rack.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't follow. Why will handgun shooters be bottom of the food chain? They will certainly be shooting faster than the carbine carriers.

A carbine rifle is faster and more accurate than a pistol.

Head to head, pistols cannot compete. In a match overall rankings, a rifle will be dominant. Will you still want to shoot a USPSA. Match given that those who bring a PCC will destroy you?

I really don't care, just consider the question.

I think you are wrong. A GM with an open pistol and probably any kind of pistol will still beat most people with a PCC at pistol ranges.

If I'm a betting man (and I am), I'd put money on a high level Open shooter in an all day match over a PCC shooter. There will be times a PCC will be better for sure, but I think its still a pistol game at the end of the day.

Beyond that, who really cares?? The PCC guys will not be scored, nor shoot against, someone with a Glock 34 or an tricked out STI. That's why we have divisions, so you can shoot against other people with similar gear and not be at much of a competitive disadvantage.

I do like to look at overall combined scores at matches, but that's because I want to see how I stack up against M/GMs from other divisions. Makes me happy when I beat the M/GM Open guys with my Limited gun. But its nothing but ego stroking and an "atta-boy" to myself.

I think just like with Limited sometimes vying with Open for high overall it will largely depend on the stages, as to what stages will favor PCC, I dunno yet. But in general I think PCC will top high overall. In the matches here that allow it they usually take first. I can shoot a stage roughly as fast with my PCC that I barely use than my open gun I use all the time, so I know with more familiarization the PCC could easily be faster.

It'll be interesting to see how the Open guys compare to the PCC shooters. I've shot 3-gun stages where it was a pistol/rifle option. The guys that choose rifle usually edge out the open shooters but those stages generally had targets further out than the typical USPSA stage.

I think USPSA matches will be a toss up with the PCC guys coming out on top on stages with more open space, longer range and partial targets and open shooters on stages with more wide transitions, doorways and ports.

With Open being scored as Major and PCC being scored as minor, there is no contest.

This. If you're shooting minor against major, you are pretty much starting around 10% in the hole.

Not that it matters in any way shape or form.

It matters if you are shooting Lim Minor.

I don't follow. Why will handgun shooters be bottom of the food chain? They will certainly be shooting faster than the carbine carriers.

A carbine rifle is faster and more accurate than a pistol.

Head to head, pistols cannot compete. In a match overall rankings, a rifle will be dominant. Will you still want to shoot a USPSA. Match given that those who bring a PCC will destroy you?

I really don't care, just consider the question.

I still don't understand why many people care about the 'overall'? If you are a Production shooter can you really compare yourself to an open shooter to determine where you stand? And if it is true then why don't we just have one national championship and have all divisions shoot at the same time & the standings will just be 1-N ...?

With Open being scored as Major and PCC being scored as minor, there is no contest.

This. If you're shooting minor against major, you are pretty much starting around 10% in the hole.

Not that it matters in any way shape or form.

It matters if you are shooting Lim Minor.

Of course it does. I'm saying the comparison between divisions doesn't matter in any way shape or form. It doesn't matter if pcc beats all the open shooters or vice versa. Who cares?

Edited by Jake Di Vita