Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev tech Spring Kit for Glock 34 issue

fireman1776

I hate to make a new thread on this but I need some help.

I installed the Zev race connector and competition spring kit last night. It made the trigger much much better. However, it has a slight issue. The trigger safety is slightly catching when I take up the slack in the trigger. If I take it up fast there's no issue but if I pull the trigger slower it slightly catches. I haven't taken it to the range but it's annoying me in dry fire.

I'm thinking I could just take out the trigger spring and go back to oem. I haven't had time to do it yet. Does anyone have any suggestions or similar issues?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the trigger safety catching the frame body? Just try to adjust the pre travel to the longest, then gradually adjust the pre travel until you got the right setting.

You could also check if the pad of your finger is really pressing the trigger safety lever and not only the side of the trigger as ZEV trigger is flat and wider than oem.

is the trigger safety catching the frame body? Just try to adjust the pre travel to the longest, then gradually adjust the pre travel until you got the right setting.

You could also check if the pad of your finger is really pressing the trigger safety lever and not only the side of the trigger as ZEV trigger is flat and wider than oem.

Yes it's catching on the frame. I just put in the spring kit not the full trigger.

Where do you place your finger on the trigger? I place my finger low on the trigger letting it drag on the trigger guard as I go through my trigger press.

It's low. Barely above dragging the trigger guard.

I had the same issue after installing a Zev spring kit and connector. The reduced power firing pin safety spring and extra power trigger spring (at least the ones from Zev) won't fully reset the trigger causing your issue. I have had nothing but trouble with Zev trigger parts other than one ultimate trigger kit. I have another ultimate kit that doubled due to insufficient engagement between the striker and trigger bar, replaced the connector with a Lone Wolf 3.5 to fix. Put your factory trigger spring back in or tune the connector to give you a stronger reset and your problem should be cured.

Interestingly it now makes a rattling sound when the trigger is depressed. I'm reading that's normal. Doesn't sound right tho.

Install factory trigger spring. Are you sure the rattling is not the striker?

Interestingly it now makes a rattling sound when the trigger is depressed. I'm reading that's normal. Doesn't sound right tho.

Install factory trigger spring. Are you sure the rattling is not the striker?
Yes I believe the rattling is the striker. All normal. My other glocks don't do that tho.

I use the Zev trigger return spring and zev firing pin safety spring and haven't had a problem. I did have an issue with it not resetting when I replaced those springs with Ghost...so I went back to Zev.

As for the safety on the trigger not slipping into it's slot, it seems that is your finger not depressing the safety to get it out of the way.

If it is just barely dragging and not going in it's slot, you could sand just the tip off the back.

It's a Gen4 which is known to have these issues with a 4lb striker spring and a heavier trigger spring. Go back to the factory trigger spring and that should solve the issue as others have said.

I believe DK and some of the other top name guys, all run factory trigger springs with a 4.5lb striker spring. This is what I run as well.

• 1 month later...

So after taking this to the range I started having issues again with the trigger safety catching on the frame. I talked to Zev and they told me to try their springs with the stock connector. That made the trigger not reset at all. I sent multiple emails back and got no replies.

So I put the stock springs back in and the Zev connector and it worked. Took it to the range and had no issues.

I asked Zev for a refund or if they would send me a new spring kit. They cut off all contact with me and won't reply to me. I sent many emails to their customer service and they only replied a couple times. Once they said"if it's the fulcrum trigger we can walk you through it" after I had told them it wasn't.

They have horrible customer service and I won't be buying anymore of their stuff.

Your trigger is fine... you bought this to reduce trigger pull weight.

This.

Unless you fully depress the trigger, and release the striker, the trigger with the heavier spring will not always bring the trigger fully foward on partial trigger pulls.

Also, make sure the trigger spring is put in the correct way, and the open end of each spring loop is orientated correctly. I had a similiar problem in that my trigger wasn't fully resetting after fully pulling the trigger. It turns out the trigger spring was catching within the trigger block because I had the spring in wrong.

What are all of the springs you changed from stock and what are the spring weights if you know them?

d103aa79a418d569689a5867a076174e.jpg

This is the kit I ordered. It doesn't give specifics on the weights of the springs.

Who knows what striker spring that is. Put in a known weight striker spring. 4.5 lb and 5lb would be good to try.