Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you prevent competition jersey from coming untucked?

acpie360

I stand corrected, some individual military experiences may vary. It must have been awful. I would love hear all your war stories from the academy. But seriously you want to compare an Air Force cadet life to 3gun, especially after you had GrumpyOne and others throw out better more practical options. That is what we are talking about is practical options, when you do pop one, what do you have to do to fix it? Most of the time it requires going to private place and dropping trou, which is obviously much easier then just tucking in your shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your sarcasm/facetiousness meter, it needs re-calibration.

I thought it would have been obvious with the "looks dorky in shorts" comment.

For a serious answer to our OP's dilema, he could always try sewing a few pieces of the plastic hook part of velcro inside the waistband of whatever pants or shorts he plans to wear to matches.

Just the hook part...to increase friction...to keep the shirt tail in.

No, nope, don't need to add the loop part of velcro to anything.

The downside I am guessing is that hook part facing inward could get scratchy and kinda rub you wrong/raw.

I may have been incorrect about the brand of trousers that has the strip in the waist band it seems after a little more looking it's Blackhawk.

BENEFITS OF BLACKHAWK LIGHTWEIGHT TACTICAL PANTS
  • Made of 6.5 oz. 65% Polyester and 35% Cotton Ripstop fabric for all-out resilience and durability
  • DuPont Teflon DWR (Durable Water Repellent) fabric treatment battles stains and also dries quickly for excellent durability and wear
  • Double layering in seat and knees for added protection and durability
  • High-quality YKK zippers and Prym snaps help pants hold their shape longer and perform better
  • Gusseted crotch allows increased movement for extra mobility
  • Extra-wide, reinforced belt loops can easily handle Blackhawk CQB/Rigger’s Belt and other belts up to 1.75" wide
  • Silicone grip strip inside the waistband keeps your shirt tucked in during extreme movements
  • Expandable waistband is hidden and slides to increase your waist size for increased mobility and all day comfort
  • Angle-cut hand pockets feature flat edges for properly placing and orienting knives, pens, etc.
  • Each leg has an easy-to-access, top-opening mag pouch for customized CCW
  • Large, top-opening cargo pockets contain segmented 2" elastic webbing to secure and properly position up to three weapon magazines, flashlights, knives or other tactical items for quick and easy access
  • Zippered, rear hip pocket keeps your wallet secure, out of the way and isolated from larger rear pockets
  • Large, hidden zipper pocket behind the right-hand pocket keeps other valuable items safe and secure
  • Secure, vertical, zippered storage pocket on the outside of each cargo pocket for storing additional items
  • Top-opening mag pouch pockets on each leg for CCW
  • Front thigh pockets feature a side zipper pouch and hook and loop top to safeguard your valuables
  • 550 cord loops on the front waistband allows for the attachment of carabiners and other items
  • Reinforced hems on leg cuffs and hand pockets for increased durability and long-lasting wear and tear
  • Traditional fit and feel
Edited by terrydoc

I stand corrected, some individual military experiences may vary. It must have been awful. I would love hear all your war stories from the academy. But seriously you want to compare an Air Force cadet life to 3gun, especially after you had GrumpyOne and others throw out better more practical options. That is what we are talking about is practical options, when you do pop one, what do you have to do to fix it? Most of the time it requires going to private place and dropping trou, which is obviously much easier then just tucking in your shirt.

Your sarcasm/facetiousness meter, it needs re-calibration.

I thought it would have been obvious with the "looks dorky in shorts" comment.

Sorry for sarcasm, it comes from years of experience. It is so hard to tell the the good ideas fairies from jokes.

You unfortunately have 3 strikes against you.

1.) You were a Cadet(or as we affectionately refer a cadidiot)

2.) You are/were an Officer; which means you are most likely incapable of Common Sense, Navigation, and Humor(rarely found individuals that are blessed with the humor are the exception).[emoji848]

3.) You are Air Force: the only 9-5, corporate military force.( Love truly the US Army)

Enough joking around, and back to OP. Jersey's and Velcro don't mix well (especially the hooked end). Thinking should you need to wash it. The options that are IMABHO most suitable.

1. Cheap option: the Drawers, by RangerTrace

2. Practical option: Stay Tucked belt, by GrumpyOne

3. MacGyver Last Ditch option: Suspenders, by Chills1994

4. Healthy option: Lose Weight(makes you faster and more agile) and buy the extra long tech wear jersey, by Richard Simmons

If none of this is amusing. You are the fore mentioned described in strike#2, and there is no help. If you did for a moment crack a smile, there is hope. If you are an A-10 pilot forget we had this talk- Mad Respect!!!!

To funny guys, the stains is to much !!!!! I have a small hole in my socks and 2 small holes in my uniform. Never comes un-tucked. Trace, I used to do the tuck in the underwear until I got too big of a smile from the really ugly girl, it scared me worse then the thugs. All joking aside, one of the guys at work has a inner belt thing that is like a rubber material that keep the shirts tucked and tight, I will ask him when I get back to work. It would work with the shorts as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I have G2 Gemini, Techware, Aridware, Icarus and Gunsta shooting shirts and I can only speak for myself about these brands. It seems of all the shirts manufactured outside the USA will come untucked on the 2nd stage or sooner and i have had to fight that all day but Gunsta has the best design dept and the brightest colors of shirts made in or out or the USA. With that, none of the shirts from outside the US will stay tucked in and I feel sure it's because of the type material they are using. G2 Gimini shirts are excellent at saying tucked-in. Tech-ware reg shirts do not have lot of extra length to tuck in. So for me at least the G2 stayed tucked in all day at a 12stage Area match, 10 plus hous at the range. Hope ths helps, cheers. You can always just do as Ranger Trace suggested here.

Edited by a matt

I know this sounds really stupid, but apply some rubber cement to the inside of the waistband of the pants you use for shooting. It might take a couple of coats, but it acts like the gripper material in the waist band of 5.11 pants. Obviously you do this well before an event so it has time to dry. My mom showed me this trick when I was a we little one.