Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Belts - Positioning ?

TBF

I'm sure some one will prove me wrong....but I have never seen anyone put one on without it overlapping in the back. At my first match, I watched 40 shooters put on their belt and fasten it in the rear. It's the only place that nothing is going on.

I've seen it done all different ways. The key is to make sure the belt stays on-use the keeper band that comes with the belt-don't trust the velco alone to hold together! Also, one little trick I do is expand the inner belt to mate better with the outer belt by sucking in my big fat gut :huh: and loosening/expanding the inner belt at the same time. :o

WHOOOOOOOOOOO

HAAAAAAAAAAA

Dave M.

...Unless you shoot Production, then front is fine. That's what I have done for a few years.

Ooops....I forgot that Production and IPSC everything starts at the hips and goes backwards leaving lots of room up in front to overlap the belt.

• 2 weeks later...

In the front. I overlap both the inner and outer up front. That makes the front of the belt thicker, making it appear as if my gut doesn't hang over my belt. I wear my holster and pouches on my sides.

i've just changed my set up for production. the inner belt is fastened on the right under the holster position to add some thickness and move the gun a little farther away from my body. the outter belt is fastened in the front a little left of center. this allows me to add shot shell holders when i shoot 3gun and taken them off for pistol matches.

underbelt overlapping in the front, outter belt overlapping in the back. keeps the lumpiness to a minimum and lets me position my equipment wherever I want on the front half of me.

If I were using the same type of setup in production, I'd reverse it and probably have to cut the outter belt to an exact fit.

• 2 weeks later...

In the back - for the sole reason that I line up my first mag over my zipper which puts the holster in the same exact place everytime I put on the belt.

Learned this from Matt Burkett in a class I took from him. Before that, I was overlapping in front.

for open I overlap in front ...mainly to be able to position the mag pouches up front..

production..I overlap in front..cause there is nothing in front there on the belt..