Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Washing Machine.

I know it's a gun forum,But I need a new washer.

What do you recommend ?

Bought within the last year

Guess I need to fix this. My wife needs a new washer!

Edited by EEH

LG top of the line front loader.

Samsung top of the line front loader.

Samsung top of the line top loader.

Whirlpool top of the line front loader.

We bought LG last year. Very nice.

I used to deliver these things a few years ago and the above list had the fewest service related issues.

Ok guys thanks for replying..A little back story,,I was all ready to buy the Samsung.I ran into a contractor at Lowes and he told me to stay away from them,also LG.He said that they have problems with the tub cracking,and leaking..And reading on consumer reports its not to good..But I guess you get bad in anything..

My Son does appliance repair. He recommends Speed Queen first . Then Whirlpool and Frigidaire.

Also says stay away from LG and Samsung. When they break, they break expensive and are designed for a life of 5yrs.

YMMV

Really. Haven't heard speed queen since the 70's. And I can honestly say I never even saw a fridgidaire washer.

There are a shit ton of Samsung and LG washers and dryers out there going strong.

As for kenmore, their old stuff was better than current models. We bought the latest and greatest kenmores last time and fortunately paid for the protection plan. They made it just over 5 years and most of the local Sears techs new right where the laundry room was from repeated visits.

It is very common for most modern appliances to last 7 to 10 years at best

My Son does appliance repair. He recommends Speed Queen first . Then Whirlpool and Frigidaire.

Also says stay away from LG and Samsung. When they break, they break expensive and are designed for a life of 5yrs.

YMMV

Really. Haven't heard speed queen since the 70's. And I can honestly say I never even saw a fridgidaire washer.

You need to broaden your horizons

http://www.speedqueen.com/products/top-load-washers.aspx

http://www.frigidaire.com/Washers-Dryers/Washers/

Speed Queen, you won't find them in box stores. All metal gears, not plastic like the rest. No digital controls, a top loading version of their the commercial laundry machines. Ask any appliance repair store.

Women's choice award 2 years in a row. Good thing I am not qualified on that weapon system.....

http://www.southbayappliance.com/net_market/speed_queen/special_offer.html

Edited by 9x45

• 3 weeks later...

They say laughter is great for arthritis pain. Well, after two runs thru Aussie50's Whirlpool back yard carnage machine, I find myself pain-free!!!!! (And my face is cramped up from laughing.)

Reminds me of some early-on Saturday nights (and Friday nights) on this very forum.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

For what it's worth, we've had an LG washer and dryer that are about 2.5 yrs old. Built like tanks doing laundry almost daily for the little ones. 10 yr warranties. Hope I just didn't jinx myself...