Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new open gun

k1llapanda

whats up peeps, just got my rusty kidd 38 super open gun this week off a buddy who doesnt shoot it anymore die to medical problems.

some quick questions b4 i waste money and or look like an idiot at the range <would rather do it in front of you guys>

i heard i can just run 38 super ammo that sportsmans has, or atlantic arms. (sportsmans is 130gr p+) i do plan on loading but i need to get all the stuff to do so first. we have a local uspsa match in 11 days and it has 6 classifiers, so i would like to try and get my letter for open. any input on this subject. also i read i can run 9mm out of it. is this true? just because i have about 2k 9mm rounds laying around and would love to just play with the open gun. thanks again my friends. merry christmas and semper fi

whats up peeps, just got my rusty kidd 38 super open gun this week off a buddy who doesnt shoot it anymore die to medical problems.

some quick questions b4 i waste money and or look like an idiot at the range <would rather do it in front of you guys>

i heard i can just run 38 super ammo that sportsmans has, or atlantic arms. (sportsmans is 130gr p+) i do plan on loading but i need to get all the stuff to do so first. we have a local uspsa match in 11 days and it has 6 classifiers, so i would like to try and get my letter for open. any input on this subject. also i read i can run 9mm out of it. is this true? just because i have about 2k 9mm rounds laying around and would love to just play with the open gun. thanks again my friends. merry christmas and semper fi

Translation:

Hello friends, I just acquired my Rusty Kidd .38 Super open gun from a pal that can no longer shoot due to medical issues. If you have a moment, I would like to ask some questions.

Is it possible to run .38 super ammo that I can purchase from Sportsman or Atlantic Arms? I eventually plan on reloading but I need to acquire all the gear to do so first. Also, I have a batch of 9mm loaded up, Is it possible to use this in a pinch?

We have a local USPSA Classifier match coming up in a couple weeks and would like to shoot it to get a classification status in USPSA.

Thanks for your time, Merry Christmas & Semper Fi.

Edited by alecmc

Translation:

Hello friends, I just acquired my Rusty Kidd .38 Super open gun from a pal that can no longer shoot due to medical issues. If you have a moment, I would like to ask some questions.

Is it possible to run .38 super ammo that I can purchase from Sportsman or Atlantic Arms? I eventually plan on reloading but I need to acquire all the gear to do so first. Also, I have a batch of 9mm loaded up, Is it possible to use this in a pinch?

We have a local USPSA Classifier match coming up in a couple weeks and would like to shoot it to get a classification status in USPSA.

Did i offend you by not using King James Version proper english? i am confused as to why u chose to paraphrase my post.

It might take a spring change for it to run with factory ammo, but give it a try. I shoot 9mm from 38s, although I also tear the tags off my mattresses, so take my word with a grain of salt ;)

haha you are a rebel good sir. thanks for your real answer to my question. the guy i purchased it from gave me springs from 7-12 lbs so i can prob figure out a happy medium.

i prefer people that help. are there a lot of people on here that will do what alec did if i dont use proper grammer, punctuation and caps?

Translation:

Did i offend you by not using King James Version proper english? i am confused as to why u chose to paraphrase my post.

A Thank you would be nice, just trying to make it easier for people to read. Merry Christmas

Factory38superammoprobablywon'trunthegun,norwill9mmofftheshelf, evenwitha7lbrecoilspring.MerryChristmas!

You have no idea how hard that was for me to type.

Magtech makes the hottest 38super commercially available, and I think it's 130grain FMJ at 1250fps, for a power factor of 162...minor....and it will probably be a single shot pistol. You might try some Winchester Ranger 9x23 ammo...it may be hot enough to run the gun...but it will be expensive. Other than that, you are gonna have to order AAA, or start reloading.

Translation:

A Thank you would be nice, just trying to make it easier for people to read. Merry Christmas

merry christmas, wasnt sure if you were trolling haha. i spend a lot of time on gamer forums too. thanks though i appreciate it.

Factory38superammoprobablywon'trunthegun,norwill9mmofftheshelf, evenwitha7lbrecoilspring.MerryChristmas!

Magtech makes the hottest 38super commercially available, and I think it's 130grain FMJ at 1250fps, for a power factor of 162...minor....and it will probably be a single shot pistol. You might try some Winchester Ranger 9x23 ammo...it may be hot enough to run the gun...but it will be expensive. Other than that, you are gonna have to order AAA, or start reloading.

sotohitmajoriwillbasicallyhavetoloadmyownammo?

sotohitmajoriwillbasicallyhavetoloadmyownammo?
Correct. Even if the gun will run on factory 38 super, or even 9mm, it won't make major...the Ranger 9x23 might...but it would get costly very quick. CorBon Ranger ammo is $39.95 for 20 rounds.

Translation:

Thank you! I gave up in the middle of the original post.

Be nice to each other, and Merry Christmas!

Forget factory. Till you get your reloafing setup buy the major pf 38 super ammo from Atlanta arms + ammo.

There are 4 benefits of going this way:

1 it will cycle the gun reliably

2 it will make major pf (so you can declare major and get the scoring advantage)

3 it will be cheaper than the exotic factory ammo options

4 it will produce gas to work the comp properly