What are you using for Carry Optics?

JGus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to CZ USA the CZ 75B weighs 2.2 lbs, or 35.2 ounces. How would you make weight with an optic? Mill enough off the slide to make weight with an optic?

Edited by JGus

Stock C Z 75B, out of the box (stock mag, sights.) - 34.3 oz

Remove sights (front and rear) - 34.1 oz

Mill Slide - 33.4 oz

Install Jpoint Optic - 34.0 oz

Replace factory mag with Shadow mag - 34.5 oz

I'm not sure why the CZ USA site lists it at 35.2. The USPSA production list is accurate at 34.3 oz.

Edited by sperman

I decided to go with the Sig P320 with large full size grip. I had a Burris Fastfire 2 on it in this picture. I have a Burris FF3 on order to replace it. It's on a dovetail mount. I may eventually get the slide milled. But right now it's all stock (other than optic) and working really well. After 300 rds the trigger pull (according to 10 pulls on my RCBS trigger scale) is 7-7.5 lbs. Going to install a GGI drop in trigger kit once they are available. Would like to get the trigger around 3-4 lbs. Bruce Gray said the drop in trigger kit will debut at Shot Show this month.

20151230_090315-1_zpsf1a6euh8.jpg

Edited by JGus

I'm thinking bout setting up a CO gun. My main concern is how are the optics holding up to the torture of going for a violent ride with every shot. What are some round counts you guys have and what are the optics doing.

CZ85Combat, are you shooting that in Open division?

It will be shot in Carry Optics. Slide is milled 0.250 deep. With a 10 round mag 34.4oz, 16 round mag with plastic base plate 34.7oz

I'm calling BS on that one. The accu-shadow is listed at 42 oz on the USPSA production gun list. You're running a heavier optic and heavier girps than I have on my 75b. Milling the slide for the optic isn't going to remove 7 oz.

Edited by sperman

CZ85Combat, are you shooting that in Open division?

It will be shot in Carry Optics. Slide is milled 0.250 deep. With a 10 round mag 34.4oz, 16 round mag with plastic base plate 34.7oz

I'm calling BS on that one. The accu-shadow is listed at 42 oz on the USPSA production gun list. You're running a heavier optic and heavier girps than I have on my 75b. Milling the slide for the optic isn't going to remove 7 oz.

I believe he's doing similar to what you mentioned you'll try with a CZ75B, but with a CZ85 Combat instead. See post #42 with milling on that.

I think he confused the thread by posting a pic of a delta point with 8000 rounds on Accu top end in response to someone wanting to know if RMR could survive slide ride.

Interim set up until the SIG Romeo 1 MRDS is available.

MrQUYMvh.jpg

Is that legal in CO?

13 Optical/electronic sights permitted Yes, must be attached directly to slide between rear of slide and ejection port.

It's attached there. This mount fits into the rear sight dovetail. It doesn't say it can't overhang. :goof:

All finished and ready for Carry Optics. CZ 85 Combat with Deltapoint Pro 34.7oz

CZ85r_zpsuhxzxo01.jpg?t=1452302877

Can you post a photo looking down the slide, I'd like to see the width of slide/optic comparison. Many sights are too wide for 75 series CZ's to get the sight's mounting screws safely in the milled slide.

• 2 weeks later...