Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX won't slide lock

Pat B.

In a CK Arms limited..

Is there a fix to this problem ??

Unless you are shooting a game that requires it, you don't want the slide to lock back.

Why?

A couple I can think of are over insertion of the mag causing damage to the ejector and the thin high capacity followers tend to lock back the slide with a round still in the mag.

In a CK Arms limited..

Is there a fix to this problem ??

Unless you are shooting a game that requires it, you don't want the slide to lock back.

Why?

A couple I can think of are over insertion of the mag causing damage to the ejector and the thin high capacity followers tend to lock back the slide with a round still in the mag.

^^^ This!

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started shooting limited that was my question....why wouldn't I want the slide to lock. People told me what was said above about the slide locking back when 1 or 2 rounds were still in the mag. I quickly got used to non locking slide.....

• 2 weeks later...

Another reason they are set up to not lock the slide back is that you get more capacity.

Shorter follower=more capacity=locks slide back sooner.

Grind the tab away on the mag and it doesn't lock the slide back. More rounds, but no lock back. The only games I play where that is bad is when I shoot L10 (for fun) or Pro-Am style steel competitions where you're limited to 10 round mags.

• 2 months later...

If you get a different follower for the MBX mags will the slide lock back?

I want it to lock back for knock down steel where it's a 10 round limit and I sometimes lose count.

I want it to lock back for knock down steel where it's a 10 round limit and I sometimes lose count.

About a month or so before Pro-Am I start shooting L-10 at local matches to get myself in the reloading rhythm. Last year I only dropped the hammer on an empty chamber once or twice during the entire match shooting both Limited and Open.

About a month or so before Pro-Am I start shooting L-10 at local matches to get myself in the reloading rhythm. Last year I only dropped the hammer on an empty chamber once or twice during the entire match shooting both Limited and Open.

That's a good idea but there's only about 2 guys that shoot L10 around here. I currently shoot SS and about half of the matches I'm the only one. I just bought a limited gun, it's a pretty big division out here. I really want my slide to lock back though for knock down, gonna use the same gun.

If you change the follower in the MBX mags will the slide lock back?

That's a good idea but there's only about 2 guys that shoot L10 around here. I currently shoot SS and about half of the matches I'm the only one. I just bought a limited gun, it's a pretty big division out here. I really want my slide to lock back though for knock down, gonna use the same gun.

If you change the follower in the MBX mags will the slide lock back?

It is possible that with a different follower it will still not lock back. The slide stop may have been modified not the followers.