Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has the RTS2 become the preferential C-More?

Rudukai13

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, I am talking about the SVI gun, and they have two versions of the RTS2 mount: aluminum for $210 and titanium for $400.

My first, aluminum one, broke rather quickly, so I had to go for titanium. Given that experience I would only consider the titanium.

I have always liked the SVI two-sided mounts.

Goodness gracious........

I have one of the late number RTS2 units on my 9 Major gun. 5K plus rounds and never a problem. I love it. I never knew they had issues until I read about them on this forum. I know the other older C Mores are the old school standard and they have a nice big window, but I prefer the look and function of the new school C More.

Update. My RTS2 died. When I purchased this gun the sight was a year old. I'll send it back and open they can straighten it out, My backup has a new RTS2, about 2 weeks old, and so far no problems.

• 1 month later...

RTS2 8 MOA turned itself under recoil and when it came back on was dimmer than before. Less than 500 rounds. This is my fourth RTS/RTS2. Not one has proven itself to be reliable. If I hear "we have it fixed now" one more time I'm going to scream.

This has probably been covered elsewhere, but what kind of battery life are you finding with the RTS2 8 MOA? I am thinking of putting one on as a carry gun optic. If turned on, left on, what is factory claiming for total run time? Thanks.

This has probably been covered elsewhere, but what kind of battery life are you finding with the RTS2 8 MOA? I am thinking of putting one on as a carry gun optic. If turned on, left on, what is factory claiming for total run time? Thanks.

I don't know about battery life but, with its questionable reliability, l would be looking at a different optic for a carry gun. Many of these failures seem to be on frame mounted units. A slide mount would seem, to me, only to make things worse. There are better suited units into this price range.

It auto offs after 8 hours of inactivity.

RTS2 8 MOA turned itself under recoil and when it came back on was dimmer than before. Less than 500 rounds. This is my fourth RTS/RTS2. Not one has proven itself to be reliable. If I hear "we have it fixed now" one more time I'm going to scream.

Crap, I was going to get one this week. Looks like another season of "old ugly" on a sideways mount.

Is it slide mounted or mounted on mount?

Is it slide mounted or mounted on mount?

Mount.

Crap, I was going to get one this week. Looks like another season of "old ugly" on a sideways mount.

Yeah, I have a new build that is just about to ship and I have to pick the optic. Do I go with old ugly made with plastic and wood screws or go with what appears to still be a lottery ticket for a reliable RTS2. Sigh.....

I just experienced this exact problem (off during COF, then when I turn it on its on dim setting) this weekend several times :-< RTS2 on CZ P09 Slide mounted for Carry Optic. No problems with 145gr 9mm Minor, but playing with 124r bullets for a bit, and maybe the increase slide velocity was just enough to trip it? I have a backup I'll use while this one get send back.

No problem thus far RTS2 on STI open guns, Cheely optic mount.

FWIW I used to have older CMORE on open guns, 90 mount, work great except horrible battery life (several units) especially when compared to any of the modern optics.

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I was considering giving them a go once again. I was a very early adopter, but after initial problems bailed on them.

That's the entire point of sponsorship ..... When "rank & file" dude sees 'super squad" dude using the latest Area 51 technology he now wants one .... Been working that way for many years.

You're familiar with Michael Jordan & Nike .....

Hi, I posted on the RTS2 before and haven,t changed my mind despite sending one back for repair (early model). The lens is not much smaller, it may seem so because of the shape, but you adapt quickly. Yes, turning the dot on and adjusting may be a little slower but be reasonable, it's not an issue. Turn the brightness up and leave it there and dim if necessary. Yes, the dot isn,t quite as bright as the big scope but again it will suffice for all conditions, really, how much do you need. The pros far outweigh the cons. Size does matter, in this case, smaller is better. It's small, sleek, lightweight, good looking on a nice mount (Cheeley, Arredondo ) or whatever and once it's 100 percent it's obvious, it's the way to go, period. Plus, and this is big, you don't worry about ejecting case issues. Give It a try.