Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

Brian and I were actually making plans on how the hell to get there and where to stay. I dusted off the old shotgun bandoleers.

Hey Guys,

There are plenty of modern facilities in Tucumcari, NM which is15- 20 minutes from the range. Logan, NM there are rooms and 4 hotels, not as modern, much smaller and 10 minutes from the range.

JP is offering a cash purse for the top finishers and huge sponsor donations in product as well... purse will be disclosed later on, closer to SHOT.

If you have gripes, concerns, questions pertaining to your emotional state towards the match, and what we are planning, please take them off line and I will answer them.

Right now the stages are planned, and looking EPIC!

Jimmy

Edited by VNGunfighter

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify - No compensators of any kind on the rifles?

The last year or two Mike was allowing rifle compensators as long as they were unobtrusive and of similar size and shape of a flashider. He wouldn't allow the JP tankbuster but he was allowing a lot of others.

Trying to figure out if I'm going to have to install a different front end on my rifle.

Thanks

Rule 13.3

Brian and I were actually making plans on how the hell to get there and where to stay. I dusted off the old shotgun bandoleers.

Hey Guys,

There are plenty of modern facilities in Tucumcari, NM which is15- 20 minutes from the range. Logan, NM there are rooms and 4 hotels, not as modern, much smaller and 10 minutes from the range.

JP is offering a cash purse for the top finishers and huge sponsor donations in product as well... purse will be disclosed later on, closer to SHOT.

If you have gripes, concerns, questions pertaining your emotional state towards the match, and what we are planning, please take them off line and I will answer them.

Right now the stages are planned, and looking EPIC!

Jimmy

I'm gonna make Jimmy so many pancakes!!!!

ericm

.....and again:

On gunbot.net, #00 Buck (regular or low recoil) is about $100-120 a case of 250.

On the same website, #8 1-1/8 oz target loads are about $60 a case of 250

...say roughly on the high end 125 rounds (5 boxes) so the price difference is $20-30.

You will save this much easily by not antique-ing or playing golf or spa-ing, since this is not a 1/2 day format match :devil:

ericm

Edited by ericm

Darn!!! and I was planning to run around southern New Mexico and try to find the gun that killed Billy The Kid. There has to be at least one in every bar! Drated full day format!

To all:

John Paul of JP Enterprises, has stepped up and is offering a cash purse. 5k, 3k and 2K for the top finishers, and there will also massive product donations from JP as well.

Remember there will be early sign up at SHOT starting January 18th-22nd at the JP Enterprises both, as well as staff with mobile sign up capabilities as well.

Alan, from Machine Gun Tours will get you signed up, as well as myself.

If there are any questions please ask JP, or check with Thunder Beast Arms, and they will know where I am.

Jimmy

Any plans on having a vendor/sponsor area?

Yes, there will be some space for a vendor/sponsor area. If you or anyone you know is interested, have the please contact me at jimmy@competition-dynamics.com

There will be a demo area as well.

Of course JP will be there with every platform he makes, as well as others.

Jimmy

More announcements/updates:

1. JP has stepped up and is now the "Title Sponsor" for the Resurgence 3-Gun. This is awesome!
2. We have added a 4th day, so now the dates are September 22-25 2016, this was done various reasons, and they are good ones..nuff said.

Again, early sign up at SHOT.

AND!....General Open registration is open on Friday January 22nd @ 0800...SIGN UP!

http://resurgence3gun.com

And guys, we are doing registration the exact same way we have for all our matches since.. maybe 2012?

1. Registration opens
2. Go to registration page (use official SHOT iPad @ JP booth for early access)
3. Submit email in duplicate
3. Receive email-confirmation email that includes your confirmation code (to log in) and a direct link to your registration form
4. You complete that registration form with valid data, you agree to the terms and conditions, and hit the Submit button
5. (You can go back and edit this again, it saves your info if you log in again or follow that link)
6. The application is in "submitted" state now and it goes into our queue. If we have slots available, we simply grant slots at this point.
7. If we do not have slots available, you go on the wait list (and will get an email to that effect). Wait list order is granted in "near FIFO" order
8. If/when your application goes from Submitted to "Slot Granted" state, you get an email to that effect. Follow the link and/or log in for the instructions to submit payment
9. Once in Slot Granted state, you have ten days to send payment (in the formats accepted)
10. When we receive payment, you'll be bumped to Confirmed/Paid status.
11. Alternatively, some shooters may go to Confirmed/Sponsor status or Confirmed/Comp status depending on sponsor status or comped-slot status (from working a prior match as an RO)
12. If you don't pay, sometime after the 10 days we will take back your slot, allocate it to someone else, and bump you to Nonpaid state. At this point you can ask to be bumped back onto the wait list (or a slot if we have any left)

Over time we've been burned by almost every exception we've made due to special pleading, circumstances, or status, so now we just stick to the policies. It's not personal.

Jimmy

WOW! Everything will live on the Interweb forever!!! (or, at least, make it easy for us to find things :goof: )

VNGunfighter received an e-mail on 16JAN16, part of which is quoted below....

"I’m Mike Waidelich and I was the Executive Officer for the SOF 3 Gun Match for 19 years. I saw the webpage on the Resurgence 3 Gun Match. It says nice things about our original 3 gun event, and It is great that someone wants to get back to the original format.

I thought I might offer my assistance in some way. Perhaps just answer any questions about the way the original event was administered, designed or scored.

At any rate, Good Luck,

Mike Waidelich"

We are in contact with Mike and all I can say is.....

Our practical execution and historical background ability for the Resurgence has just gotten "LARGE X HUGE"!!!

ericm

WOW! Everything will live on the Interweb forever!!! (or, at least, make it easy for us to find things :goof: )

VNGunfighter received an e-mail on 16JAN16, part of which is quoted below....

"I’m Mike Waidelich and I was the Executive Officer for the SOF 3 Gun Match for 19 years. I saw the webpage on the Resurgence 3 Gun Match. It says nice things about our original 3 gun event, and It is great that someone wants to get back to the original format.

I thought I might offer my assistance in some way. Perhaps just answer any questions about the way the original event was administered, designed or scored.

At any rate, Good Luck,

Mike Waidelich"

We are in contact with Mike and all I can say is.....

Our practical execution and historical background ability for the Resurgence has just gotten "LARGE X HUGE"!!!

ericm

That is fantastic. Myself and a friend will be trying to get into this. It's in our home state after all.

Guys:...and Gals,

Remember, registration will be opening up @ 0800 MST, on Friday the 22nd of January.

www.competition-dynamics.com

Plus there has been a day added as well, this will benefit everyone in a huge way, and will pose less physical stress on the shooters as well.

So sign in, Wednesday the 21st (tech. inspection, gear issues handled (taped, glued, hose clamped, whatever) and zeroing. You will shoot Thursday-Friday and hopefully shoot on Sunday in the AM, then awards/prizes and then a race to see who can leave the range the fastest.

Jimmy

CD

Edited by VNGunfighter

Hey!

It's 0833 and "Registration is not currently open for new applicants."

I have to get this done so I can get to the store before the storm hits.

And what Tarkeg said........................

Mountian Time.......

Hey!

It's 0833 and "Registration is not currently open for new applicants."

I have to get this done so I can get to the store before the storm hits.

And what Tarkeg said........................

Mountian Time.

It was 0933 here - and at my age CRS is a valid excuse.