Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 1911

ES13Raven

Hello: I have an old STI Spartan in 45 and it has been a great gun for just around $500. Lots of good choices in the under $1000 range as well. Pick one that fits your hand and get some good mags and go play. Brands would be STI, Springfield, Sig, Dan Wesson, S&W, Wilson etc. I would leave a little money for a Dawson Magwell, extended mag release, Fiber front sight and 5 magazines. Thanks, Eric

tzvsMKg.jpg

Smith & Wesson SW1911PC. Would work well for a lot of competition categories as a "one gun fits all" solution. Almost bought one but then decided to get back into Open.

Range Officer and Valor are good choices too. At that price point you could even build your own with all the custom pieces you want.

tzvsMKg.jpg

Smith & Wesson SW1911PC. Would work well for a lot of competition categories as a "one gun fits all" solution. Almost bought one but then decided to get back into Open.

Range Officer and Valor are good choices too. At that price point you could even build your own with all the custom pieces you want.

I don't know about IDPA, but it's not legal for USPSA Single Stack due to the holes cut in the slide.

I bought a used Dan Wesson Pointman 9 yesterday. Locks up like a bank vault door. Slide feels like it rides on ball bearings. No perceptible play in the barrel hood, bushing to slide or barrel to bushing. Safety has the best fit and engagement on any factory 1911 I've ever felt. Frankly this gun blows any STI I've ever owned out of the water. I'd assume the Pointman 7 in 45 would be the same.