Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627 Pro or 627 PC?

jsg

Bought the PC. Went to kygunco and examined it before purchase. The trigger is over 10 double and about 4.5 single. Both the trigger and hammer are mim. Now to decide on short colt or not, get the right moon clips, and clean up the action.

Just as a side note I examined a 929. It looked ok until I examined the muzzle. It was not finished correctly under the comp. Some day they will get them right and I might buy one.

• 3 weeks later...

I am wanting to get an 8 shot minor for USPSA (and some Steel). I will still shoot the 625 PC in IDPA but it is just not cutting it in USPSA now.

I load tons of 9mm but see too many issues with the 929 and don't want to make a special load just for that gun. That leads me to think the 627 is what I should get. Now the issue becomes, do I want the extra inch of barrel? Is there any other reason to go for the PC? I am assuming the action will not be acceptable on either out of the box (7 to 8 pounds would be OK for now)?

Bottom line... is the PC worth the extra $310?

What's wrong with the 625 for USPSA?

Serious question as I'll probably buy a USPSA revolver next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...
Hello,
I own a 627 5 inch barrel.
Do you have trouble with the aim?
at 25 meters I am always 10 centimeters above the target point ...
can you tell me if you had the problem

it is super accurate the shots are grouped super weapon put apart this little problem

1 hour ago, ewertz said:

Hello,

it is super accurate the shots are grouped super weapon put apart this little problem

Adjust your sights.

3 hours ago, ewertz said:

Hello,

if your rear sight is adjusted all the way down you may need a taller front sight

4 hours ago, ewertz said:

Hello,

I've always had to go to a taller FS and I like a Fiber Optic.  The 5" PC model has the classic FS it just snaps out so changing is easy.

On 10/31/2015 at 10:34 PM, jsg said:

Bought the PC. Went to kygunco and examined it before purchase. The trigger is over 10 double and about 4.5 single. Both the trigger and hammer are mim. Now to decide on short colt or not, get the right moon clips, and clean up the action.

Just as a side note I examined a 929. It looked ok until I examined the muzzle. It was not finished correctly under the comp. Some day they will get them right and I might buy one.

If you stick with Starline Brass it matters not whether you go with SC or Special as the rim and groove diameters are consistent so you can use the tight TK or Hearthco Moonclips.

for some reason they all seem to come with short front sights, my 625 and both 627s have the rear sight all the way down 
Depends on bullet weight. Heavy bullets hit high, so the rear sight will be near the bottom of it's adjustment range. A factory gun has to work with all common bullet weights. If you're shooting something heavier than 158s you'll likely need to change your sights.

I always install a .160 rear blade because it has the deepest notch and then I get a front sight to fit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I like the factory .160" (tallest sight with the deepest notch they have) RS Blade w/NO White Outline.  Then a Weigand, Dawson or SDM Fiber Optic FS usually .250" or .300" tall x .100" to .125" wide.

I like the deepest and widest Rear Sight notch available. 

For the FS some like a lot of light on each side (then pick the .100)  I like a more traditional light bar on each side so I use the .110" or .125" wide FS.