I received my Delta Point Pro

window2time

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just mounted one on a S&W M&P CORE 9mm and it works great. I did have to modify the slide and one of the mounting plates that came with the gun. Also needed longer screws. About 1000 rds through it and no problems so far. with the CORE cut on the slide it does mount lower.

I shot a match with a Leupold field rep two weeks ago. He stated that 500 have been produced and distributed. Told me to expect stock before the end of the year.

I must have one, even though my current Delta Point's are flawless!

I just mounted one on a S&W M&P CORE 9mm and it works great. I did have to modify the slide and one of the mounting plates that came with the gun. Also needed longer screws. About 1000 rds through it and no problems so far. with the CORE cut on the slide it does mount lower.

Could you describe or take a picture of the mods you had to do? I am going to shortyly find myself in the same boat.

The clicks on the adjustment screws felt outstanding to me. Very fine but very crisp. It feels solid to me and I am thinking it is going to hold zero very well -- the original DPs always held solid for me and I like the new adjustment system much better. With that said, only time will tell. After I have about 2000 rounds through it, I will feel more confident.

To turn the the optic off, you hold the button for 3 seconds. Complicating all of this is that when you are pressing the button it blocks your view of the screen so you can't see the result until you pull your finger back. The button is the circle on the top of the battery door.

i-dQz7NGx-XL.jpg

Pictures look great, thank you very much. Especially the RTS2 comparison. Looks like this Pro model is a just that little bit larger than the original Deltapoint that was needed. I definitely need to get one now.

Too bad about the illumination control, one button and scrolling sucks compared to two. The motion activation sounds similar to what the use on some of their scopes, and I loved that on my VX-6. Still would have preferred two buttons for illumination though. Do you hold in the button for manual off, or do you have to scroll to the 'off' setting?

You say the clicks on the adjustment screws are like a fine ratchet. Are they so fine/soft that it seems likely they will move, or do they feel solid?

Edited by window2time

I also want to know how you did this. I imagine you milled Smith and Wesson C.O.R.E.'s plate #2. Since this is my Duty Weapon I can alter the slide. If you can describe what you did that would be awesome.

I use an original Deltapoint with the big triangle because it is crisply delineated to my astimagtized eyes.

Can anyone (with astigmatism) report on how sharp the dot is?

All the other reflex dots I've tried look like oblong blobs.

I use a Vortex Spitfire (etched reticle) on my 3 gun rifle for this same reason.

Sent from my reloading bench using Tapatalk

Edited by ParaOrdnanceLarry

I use an original Deltapoint with the big triangle because it is crisply delineated to my astimagtized eyes.

Can anyone (with astigmatism) report on how sharp the dot is?

All the other reflex dots I've tried look like oblong blobs.

I use a Vortex Spitfire (etched reticle) on my 3 gun rifle for this same reason.

Sent from my reloading bench using Tapatalk

That's a really interesting point I had not thought of at all. Are there any disadvantages to this reticle vs the dot since they are constructed differently, or are they exactly the same when it comes to brightness, no parallax etc.? If they are totally the same in everything except the etched reticle, then that triangle should be the perfect choice for all us with a bit crappy eyes.

The original Delta Point fits on the JP dovetail mount for the JP sight. I have two of them mounted on Glock 17's. The glass on the Delta Point is much bigger, but the actual sight body and base matches up. The DP also fits on the Arredondo and JV Dynamics frame mounts for the JP.

+1 JoeyMac

I agree with you. The body looks nearly twice as tall. It looks like this would negate having a co-witness with your iron sights unless they were freakishly tall. I think I still prefer the old style for that reason alone. To me, the reason for slide mounting is to maintain a lower sight plane. The Pro looks almost as high as a C-More Serendipity...I know not quite. Just my 2 pennies...it's still a nice sight!!!

So they have totally discontinued the original style DP? This would be disappointing if they remain discontinued because the original DP had a great reputation for slide-ride reliability, a big window, and was low enough to make aiming as natural as irons when slide-mounted. Now, the only other "big" window options now seem to be the STS2, DP2, and Vortex Venom... all of which have thicker bases, the STS2 having reliability issues, and Venom reliability still being a relatively unknown quantity. And our red dot options with thin low bases all have smaller windows; RMR, Burris FF#, Jpoint.

So we're back to putting a Cmore in a 90-degree mount if you want a low & big window.

With the advent of the new carry optics division requiring a slide ride dot, I would've thought the original DP would've been wildly popular versus the RMR given the lower price point, bigger window and solid reputation.

Maybe I should go out and buy a couple of new-old-stock original DPs to stash away.

Edited by JoeyMac

So they have totally discontinued the original style DP? This would be disappointing if they remain discontinued because the original DP had a great reputation for slide-ride reliability, a bigger window, and was low enough to make aiming as natural as irons when slide-mounted. Now, the only other "big" window options now seem to be the STS2, DP2, and Vortex Venom... all of which have thicker bases, the STS2 having reliability issues, and Venom reliability still being a relatively unknown quantity. And our red dot options with thin low bases all have smaller windows; RMR, Burris FF#, Jpoint.

So we're back to putting a Cmore in a 90-degree mount if you want a low & big window.

With the advent of the new carry optics division requiring a slide ride dot, I would've thought the original DP would've been wildly popular versus the RMR given the lower price point, bigger window and solid reputation.

Maybe I should go out and buy a couple of new-old-stock original DPs to stash away.

I've heard that Leupold is going to offer both of them. But then I've heard a lot of BS about the Deltapoint over the past year. I have an original DP and have over 70K rounds on it. Changed the battery once, zeroed it when I got it (and never had to re-zero it). I don't use it much anymore (actually my wife uses it now) I use a CMore and a frame mount.