Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ck arms grip and frame or Phoenix trinity?

Superpipe9

CK steel grip is also dimensionally different. It is a very good fit to the hand. The grip is also textured in a way that is just as grippy without feeling like a wood rasp. Both are solid choices but the overall design and feel of the CK is superior. Call or email Matt Cheely and have him build you one. You won't be disappointed

Why not infinity steel? Others are good, but micro pockets rock IMHO.

Expensive though. CK arms is $575 with magwell, mag release and mainspring housing

Have you looked at their price on the web site? If you don't get crazy price is equal, start adding extras and it jacks to 700.

Both are good, but the infinity I held is better quality. I'll get one as an Xmas present this year as I've blown my gun budget for this year..

As for the PT frame, My last two frames had issues where the milling on the right side for the ambi safety (slot where the guide arm slides into) was not milled fully. I took care of it with my dremel but shouldn't have to do that on new frames. Everything else was fine though

• 2 weeks later...

Can't really speak to the CK grips but here are a few pictures of the frames as well as my PT grips

Phoenix Trinity LDC (Left) vs CK Arms LDC (Right)

21545549976_7997d9fe09_b.jpg

21383884078_c47f443620_b.jpg

21560458812_515b32e9e6_b.jpg

21580549131_ed8b57ebc4_b.jpg

Phoenix Trinity (Top) vs CK Arms (bottom)

21384833409_4febaf7230_b.jpg

Phoenix Trinity SS standard grips

20847045072_052a6890a9_b.jpg

It looks like ck is prettier

Really hard to tell from those photos. It looks like the CK frame has some lines that could have been stoned out. I've stoned a lot of Infinity frames and I can tell you that it is a lot of hard work. However it only makes them look better.......

I prefer the PT by a mile. I was not impressed by the machining on the couple CK that i saw.

Team Akai will never like CK

I actually have nothing against CK. I always think it is a good thing for shooters to have more options. My opinion is 100% based on the machining I have seen.

I prefer the PT by a mile. I was not impressed by the machining on the couple CK that i saw.

I actually have nothing against CK. I always think it is a good thing for shooters to have more options. My opinion is 100% based on the machining I have seen.

I love the designs in the akai guns held one before and its great machining but its very loose and it rattles a lot. Ck guns are very simple but very TIGHT

Edited by bonglee0507

I have just bought a CK Arms Open gun with a plastic grip, and so far I've been impressed with it. Extremely tight when new, but only took a few hundred manual cycles of the slide and 150 shots of minor factory ammo to get to run reliably. I would easily buy their metal grips, as I assume it would be of the same quality as the pistol. No experience with either grip though, so my opinion on this is not worth much.

I love the designs in the akai guns held one before and its great machining but its very loose and it rattles a lot. Ck guns are very simple but very TIGHT

Thanks for the feedback, they seem to do ok in matches :)

As a matter of fact, one of those guns you describe just won North Carolina overall

Edited by Shay1911

I love the designs in the akai guns held one before and its great machining but its very loose and it rattles a lot.

Okay. LOL

Thanks for the feedback, they seem to do ok in matches :)

As a matter of fact, one of those guns you describe just won North Carolina overall

Don't even bother Shay. I think most people can see you produce guns that perform at the highest level in the sport. I'd be happy to have one of your 'rattly' guns in my safe. In fact I'm sure I will at some point. :)

I also like the ck product and think as a 'semi-custom' they offer great value.

On the topic at hand looking at the pt and ck frames pictured I can see a couple of areas in the pt with a little extra 'meat' and also a few aesthetics on the pt frame i like better. I don't think there's much between them though.

With grips the pt grip is proven in the market. The ck is only now getting steel grips out. I like the look of the ck better but haven't seen one up close to judge the quality/finish.

Disclosure: my new open has a ck frame and slide. :) and when available will have a ck steel grip too. doesn't mean I need to convince myself it's the best thing ever.