Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the revolver shooters?

1911Prof

Then USPSA adopted 8 shot minor. I sold that ultimate revolver and will most likely never shoot revo in USPSA again.

I gave up my favorite division.

In life you must continue to grow and adapt, failing to do so means you are decaying.

Revolver had been on life support, at least now it has a pulse, though weak it may be.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, all of you incredibly smart people that "fixed" revolver, leave it the (your choice) alone. You wouldn't/couldn't/didn't listen last time, knew better, and look what you did. Apparently there weren't as many 627's waiting to play as we thought. Just stop with all the meddling.

Give the equipment some stability and just leave it be. I have two 929's, am happy, and participating. I like my division and don't like picking up brass. I have major guns to go back to also, but what's done is done.

We bumped crossover numbers at the national at the cost of losing the meat and potatoes local shooters. Thank you Algonquin J. Calhoun and Superman for your contribution.

If the Revolver divisions keep getting altered in USPSA and IDPA everyone will eventually move to ICORE. I like how simple their rules amd divisions are, it lets everyone bring what they already own and start shooting. Just give it time for the changes they already made to settle.

I don't think L10 will go away because of all the people in the Communist States.

I've heard Mike speak about L10 several times and he always says that is was a division created to solve a problem that no longer exists ... it's pretty obvious what he plans to do when he talks like that ....

there were no revolver shooters at all in attendance. ?

Well, let's see, Roy Rogers, Gene Autrey and The Cisco Kid recently died.

So, I guess that leaves Jerry and a few others. :devil:

Jerry doesn't shoot Revolver Division anymore, that's been covered in another thread.

Forrest Halley and Alaskan454, I haven't heard of any plans (at least none that were serious) to change Revolver Division. I know I agree that Revolver Division should stay as is for quite some time.

As for L10, my fear is superstitious, as soon as it is eliminated another horrible event will lead to a Mag Ban!!!

If the Revolver divisions keep getting altered in USPSA and IDPA everyone will eventually move to ICORE. I like how simple their rules amd divisions are, it lets everyone bring what they already own and start shooting. Just give it time for the changes they already made to settle.

That is exactly what happened to a buddy of mine. He shot a lot of IDPA and they had too many rule changes that continued to disallow guns that he had already purchased and he stopped shooting it. He since has only shot ICORE because he can shoot any of the number of revolvers that he owns. In fact he sold a number of them that he can't use in IDPA and doesn't want to use for ICORE.

Revolver is simple, let the guys shoot what they have, differentiate between major/minor scoring and maybe a special recognized category. The only way people will stick with shooting revolver is if they can shoot what they have, or know that they'll be able to shoot the gun they want to buy without the fear of a rule change making it obsolete.

Forrest Halley, I haven't heard of any plans (at least none that were serious) to change Revolver Division. I know I agree that Revolver Division should stay as is for quite some time.

Preemptive strike to keep the boogiemen in the shadows! When I make GM, folks can fiddle with revolver again. Until such time, hands off! I could count to six, and have learned to count to eight. I do not anticipate learning how to count to sixteen, although dual eight shots would be a fun time.

I don't think L10 will go away because of all the people in the Communist States.

I've heard Mike speak about L10 several times and he always says that is was a division created to solve a problem that no longer exists ... it's pretty obvious what he plans to do when he talks like that ....

Not so simple though right? he will need majority of the board to go along with that decision to make it happen. Anyone have any idea if there is BOD support for removing it? I heard the podcasts too, he clearly wants to kill L10 and would probably kill revolver if he thought he could get it done but he also said based on sitting in on bod meetings that it is very clear the BOD is loathe to taking anything away from the membership.

I think the rules or bylaws or something say they can only make one division change every 2 years?

That 1 change will be the presumptive addition of carry optics/prod I would assume, but it will be a new el prez an partially new BOD making that vote which mike seems to also have disdain for so who knows.

Then USPSA adopted 8 shot minor. I sold that ultimate revolver and will most likely never shoot revo in USPSA again.

In life you must continue to grow and adapt, failing to do so means you are decaying.

Revolver had been on life support, at least now it has a pulse, though weak it may be.

Looks to me to be mostly the same people, with different guns.

As for L10, I'm in a ban state and shoot at two clubs were L10 and Production swap spots as the largest division. Pretty common to have 30+ shooters in L10.

Yes... they could shoot Limited, but then they're stuck here. They can't shoot in neighboring states, can't shoot in section matches, area matches etc etc. Sure they COULD... if they wanted to get killed shooting 10 rounds against people shooting 20.

So it's not bad enough we're getting screwed by our own state, now we're going to get screwed by USPSA.

Mike said he wasn't a fan of CO, but if some people want to shoot it, why should it bother him? Well apparently that doesn't apply to L10. I don't quite get how it bothers someone in Florida for example, that we're shooting L10 in NY, but somehow it does and it's "watering down the sport", whatever that means.

Edited by cas

As for L10, I'm in a ban state and shoot at two clubs were L10 and Production swap spots as the largest division. Pretty common to have 30+ shooters in L10.

Yes... they could shoot Limited, but then they're stuck here. They can't shoot in neighboring states, can't shoot in section matches, area matches etc etc. Sure they COULD... if they wanted to get killed shooting 10 rounds against people shooting 20.

So it's not bad enough we're getting screwed by our own state, now we're going to get screwed by USPSA.

Mike said he wasn't a fan of CO, but if some people want to shoot it, why should it bother him? Well apparently that doesn't apply to L10. I don't quite get how it bothers someone in Florida for example, that we're shooting L10 in NY, but somehow it does and it's "watering down the sport", whatever that means.

Except for the larger Nationals participation. Hopefully it will filter out some day.

Do we need an L10 nationals? The only people shooting it are people re-shooting the match, which to my way of thinking is kind of like cheating.

Do away with L10 nationals. Or hold it in a ban state, only let people who HAVE to shoot L10 shoot it. :)

If they have friends in NON ban states they should be fine. Buy HI CAP Mags have someone in that state hold them for you and use to just shoot the match. Just like many of our foreign competitors have guns held in the U.S. for matches and then use air-soft at home. Were their is a will their is a way. I don' buy into the feel sad for ban states adapt and overcome.

As far as the L-10 Nationals I do agree that shooting it twice like Single Stack and then Revolver is kinda cheating since the stages don't change very much.

I do agree that L-10 should probably be held closer to the "Communist Zone" this will attract more people.

Edited by deerassassin22

I don't think shooting SS then revo is the same thing. You can get the time of stage props down just as easy by watching them. If anything it hurts your revolver shooting by using a completely separate platform just hours before.

The L10 top five will look the same as the Limited top five. And that won't change no matter when you held the match, given that it's stand alone.

I don't think shooting SS then revo is the same thing. You can get the time of stage props down just as easy by watching them. If anything it hurts your revolver shooting by using a completely separate platform just hours before.

Very true--not to mention the fatigue factor. I know I would shoot Revo Nats better if it weren't the day after SS Nats. But I really like both divisions and would never willingly miss a Nats in either one.

Not so simple though right? he will need majority of the board to go along with that decision to make it happen. Anyone have any idea if there is BOD support for removing it? I heard the podcasts too, he clearly wants to kill L10 and would probably kill revolver if he thought he could get it done but he also said based on sitting in on bod meetings that it is very clear the BOD is loathe to taking anything away from the membership.

I think the rules or bylaws or something say they can only make one division change every 2 years?

That 1 change will be the presumptive addition of carry optics/prod I would assume, but it will be a new el prez an partially new BOD making that vote which mike seems to also have disdain for so who knows.

I am troubled by this post. I don't believe Mike Foley has ever said one word that suggests he would favor eliminating Revolver Division.

I am troubled by this post. I don't believe Mike Foley has ever said one word that suggests he would favor eliminating Revolver Division.

That's fair, I never said it was a direct statement, it's just what I think which is worth nothing.

I'm voting for Mike in any case.

I personally don't believe any divisions including l10 will be eliminated.

wow, all those new 929 that were sold !!!

How many 929's have been made available to the public, 5? We ordered some for the shop and never saw any. I've personally only held one. I haven't even seen new 627s for sale in the last 3 years.

wow, all those new 929 that were sold !!!

How many 929's have been made available to the public, 5? We ordered some for the shop and never saw any. I've personally only held one. I haven't even seen new 627s for sale in the last 3 years.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-2992-sw-929-9mm-65-ss-8rd.aspx

this is where I got mine a few months ago, they haven't been out of stock since.

If they have friends in NON ban states they should be fine. Buy HI CAP Mags have someone in that state hold them for you and use to just shoot the match. Just like many of our foreign competitors have guns held in the U.S. for matches and then use air-soft at home. Were their is a will their is a way. I don' buy into the feel sad for ban states adapt and overcome.

As far as the L-10 Nationals I do agree that shooting it twice like Single Stack and then Revolver is kinda cheating since the stages don't change very much.

I do agree that L-10 should probably be held closer to the "Communist Zone" this will attract more people.

USPSA does the same thing when they do back to back, very few changes. As for shooting SS then Revo, how many do well on Re-Shoots of a COF? The focus can easily be lost. The 2nd run at a COF is worse for the majority.

I think he meant in the local gun stores. I've seen tons of 929s and 627s online but not a single 8 shot of any brand in a local store for almost 5 years, and I live in a pretty big town with a lot of gun shops.

There is a 929 sitting in the case at my LGS in Ohio that's been there for a few months. He wants around $1100 for it. I'm keeping my 627.