Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 frame grip screws

DaveFromAus

Personally I just check them once in awhile. They are so small they will probably strip out with even blue loctite. Of all the times I have checked mine they have never been loose.

I do use blue loctite on the large grip screws as they do tend to work loose

Maybe faster but not actually cheaper.

Even with forum member discount?

Also after a quick search I found just the trigger guard screws at SC for $4.50ish after discount. Not listed on Brownells so I couldn't compare.

Edited by Sarge

Shoot $2 to $3 k guns and worry about who is cheaper on a $4.50 part. More important, who supports the sport needs the support the most. We all have been there for sure. When you buy some replacements, get some extra for your range box as well as the hex wrenches to fit. They will come out, usually in a match

Shoot $2 to $3 k guns and worry about who is cheaper on a $4.50 part. More important, who supports the sport needs the support the most. We all have been there for sure. When you buy some replacements, get some extra for your range box as well as the hex wrenches to fit. They will come out, usually in a match

Agreed on supporting the sport. That's why I always go with Shooters connection when possible

• 3 weeks later...

I had issues with them stripping out with such a small allen wrench. I took a dremel cutting wheel and cut a slot in them for a regular flat blade screwdriver, works much better.

Thats the problem I have. I end up with a bunch of stripped out cheap allen wrenches. Another one I can say "why didnt I think of that?"

Thanks,

I had issues with them stripping out with such a small allen wrench. I took a dremel cutting wheel and cut a slot in them for a regular flat blade screwdriver, works much better.

Thats the problem I have. I end up with a bunch of stripped out cheap allen wrenches. Another one I can say "why didnt I think of that?"

Thanks,

Wrong size Allen?

I have tightened these to the point of busting the flange off the bushing, but never an issue with the Allen. Metric vs us?

Brownells if one of the best businesses in the firearms industry. They support us with match sponsorships, and they support the industry in ways you don't see.

I've experienced firsthand the amount of support Frank and Pete Brownell provide to the Gunsmithing schools. They provide scholarships to students, and directly support the schools themselves when budgets fall short. When I was a student at Trinidad, these donations were from Frank and Pete directly, not thru the business. This is different than Midway who only donates money when cameras are present.

There was a link here at Benos, hopefully still is, where you could redirect to Brownells and Brian would see a kickback. I use that URL every time I purchase from Brownells, hopefully Brian is setting a portion of what I spend as a gunsmith.

Hello: I use blue Loc-Tite on one side of the sleeve and screw at the front of the trigger guard. No Loc-tite on the other screw. For the grip screws I use blue Loc-Tite as well. The left side is the one that tend to come loose more than the right. The blue Loc-Tite lipstick type works well for this. It tends to be not as strong as the regular blue Loc-Tite. Thanks, Eric

Brownells if one of the best businesses in the firearms industry. They support us with match sponsorships, and they support the industry in ways you don't see.

I've experienced firsthand the amount of support Frank and Pete Brownell provide to the Gunsmithing schools. They provide scholarships to students, and directly support the schools themselves when budgets fall short. When I was a student at Trinidad, these donations were from Frank and Pete directly, not thru the business. This is different than Midway who only donates money when cameras are present.

There was a link here at Benos, hopefully still is, where you could redirect to Brownells and Brian would see a kickback. I use that URL every time I purchase from Brownells, hopefully Brian is setting a portion of what I spend as a gunsmith.

Go Brownells.

I just ordered a bunch of 1911 mags from them