Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry's Reloads

AzShooter

Last night I was watching Impossible Shots and they had a segment on Jerry Miculek loading his 929 revolver. I sure was impressed with his 1.3 reload. His average for 9 reloads in a row was 1.8 seconds.

If you get a chance watch the show. Noticed he is not using tight moons. His ammo is not tight in the clips. I wonder what clips he is using.

Last night I was watching Impossible Shots and they had a segment on Jerry Miculek loading his 929 revolver. I sure was impressed with his 1.3 reload. His average for 9 reloads in a row was 1.8 seconds.

If you get a chance watch the show. Noticed he is not using tight moons. His ammo is not tight in the clips. I wonder what clips he is using.

Not sure how fast alecmc is here but looks close to Jerry's.

Not sure how fast alecmc is here but looks close to Jerry's.

actually looks a tad faster than Jerry to me .....

Thanks guys, I can pull off a decent one every once in a while. I never looked at the timer, but it was likely sub 2 sec, assuming around 1.6 (+/- .10) I think the follow up shot could of been faster, but plate rack at 12-14 yards is tiny.

Jerry is still the man.

if you want to check out some sweet reloads look at some of Josh Lentz's videos, he's definitely more consistent with them then I am.

link:

https://www.facebook.com/josh.lentz.7/videos/vob.100001697433414/848619218537985/?type=2

Edited by alecmc

Looks like he is shooting my 6.5" 627

627_6-5.jpg

Looks familiar

19978031924_ce2edb7be7_b.jpg

My 627 has an Outdoorsman barrel, your 627 looks to have a model 27 or 28 barrel. Hogue release & grip, Bowen sight, Ti cylinder, they are definatly related. This works out to be 5 oz less weight than my 929.

have a look at this as well...

Hearthco / TKC Stainless EDM. 1:32 in.

.035 you mean more likely.

Wow those are some fast reloads. My ten year old son watched them and is inspired. Here he is recently working on his reloads with his 4" 627.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=efh6Ura9QyI

What!!!???!!

This guy is small and very fast. Who cares about Jerry once this guy gets bigger? This is awesome! Keep posting videos and let your son know HE has inspired ME to practice. #brandnewhero

Thanks guys for the kind words!! JW works really hard on his reloads and does in fact shoot matches. He has received some great instruction and advice from awesome shooters here in Texas. Here is a video of one stage at his latest match a few weeks ago. Feel free to critique... He needs all the help he can get.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16SWn_xZFRQ

Are you kidding? The only thing that kid needs is time. Time to grow into that gun, it looks like it's beating up a little and that's just a given at his age. From the looks of it, he's getting everything he needs from you. That reload on the move smokes any of mine that I've ever done. He'll be a GM if he stays with it long enough, it's only a matter of time.

have a look at this as well...

Not taking anything away from JM's skill, but why always the fuzzy math? On all his vids, he shoots X number of rounds, clearly indicates he's subtracting out the first shot, then claims X (rather than X minus 1) rounds in the remaining time. It's not 12 rounds in 2.99, it's 11. And it's not 16 in 4.01, it's 15. It really doesn't lessen the achievement, but I've never understood the need for the fuzzy math. Anyone else notice this? :huh:

That is just GREAT! Start them young and hopefully he will stick with it.

+1. Terrific!! :bow:

Yes, I too find it funny that Jerry needs a calculator to do his wondershooting. Subtracting the first shot...weird. I wonder if somebody could do it at 2.99 from a draw. No worries about Alphas just straight speed. It can be done I'll bet. Hmmm...

That young man isn't going to need a calculator...sorry it was too obvious.

Jerry isn't doing funny math, he's subtracting the time between the beep and first shot. The record isn't the reaction, it's the splits and reload.

A draw with reload and 12 is possible, with an open or limited gun, but only for a handful of people. I think Max's time was extremely close to that at the second reload when he shot his 18 rounds into 3 targets.

Adding a draw time to JMs 6+6 would put him closer to 3.75-3.8 seconds.