Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best CZ for Carry Optics

andersonj55126

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the dual illuminated RMR so no electronics to break. The mounting holes are wider than other dots for sure and the red dot itself is wider than the slide. My plan was to make a mount like Infinity does when they do slide mounted RMRs so there is more meat for the mounting screws to bite into, plus it will have cocking serrations so I am not racking the slide with the optic. The mount will have 4 screws holding it to the slide for strength and I will probably be using either 6061 or 7075 aluminum to save some weight. I will attach the mount and then drill and tap the dot mounting holes so both the mount and slide will be tapped for greater strength.

Healey_0230_zps771405ea.jpg

This picture shows a deltapoint milled much lower into gun. Is this do to the lack of firing pin block on this Shadow?

This is my shadow. It is milled as low as you can go. I now have a 85C & a Deltapoint pro being shipped to me. So in the next couple of weeks I will be building a 85C for Carry Optics.

With the narrow 75 series slide, did you have any problems with the Delta screws being too close to the edge of the slide? I was told not to do it as it might not be durable enough as there would be very little material outside the screw of the dot.

No problem with mounting the Deltapoint, the screws are not to close to the edge. have fired 7800+ rounds, still going strong. :D

I have the dual illuminated RMR so no electronics to break. The mounting holes are wider than other dots for sure and the red dot itself is wider than the slide. My plan was to make a mount like Infinity does when they do slide mounted RMRs so there is more meat for the mounting screws to bite into, plus it will have cocking serrations so I am not racking the slide with the optic. The mount will have 4 screws holding it to the slide for strength and I will probably be using either 6061 or 7075 aluminum to save some weight. I will attach the mount and then drill and tap the dot mounting holes so both the mount and slide will be tapped for greater strength.

Putting it on a separate mount, I would think you'd be fine, but you would be gaining quite a bit of height and some additional weight.

I believe a RMR mounts with #6 screws, which would leave only 0.030" on each side (a normal CZ slide being 0.930" wide). That's not much material at all for the case of a direct mount.

Actually using aluminum for the mount would help in the weight department. The milling for the mount would remove about an ounce from the slide so it will not be much weight added at all. I can use 4-40 cmore screws with a spacer in the holes if I have too. I have my own hobby machine shop so it won't be a problem mounting it since I can fabricate what I need.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I have seen videos of people shooting Canik/Tristars in USPSA Prod, I haven't seen them listed yet. If they are legal, a T120 seems a good choice. An alloy SP-01 clone that comes in at 31oz with a 4.7" barrel and full dust cover and can take most of the same mods as a CZ. Obviously I'm a noob so I'm probably way off but EFR and CGW seem to think they are shootable.