Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Sub Forum in Multigun? - - - The 3 Gun Pistol...

3 Gun Pistols are an interesting concept because when I go to research what I want to do to my gun, or who I want to buy from, or what small modifications I want to make with parts... I go to the USPSA sub forums and read. Most 3 Gun pistols would fit into the USPSA Limited Minor category but since this sport has exploded in the past few years, I was hoping that there would be a sub-forum dedicated to 3-Gun pistols. It just so happens that almost nobody in 3 Gun is shooting .40 major, or has a *thumb rest [generic]*, or a charging handle, and since there's plenty of room for 3-Gun specific vendors it makes sense to me.

So what say you Enos forum multi-gunners? Has the time come?

But then all the USPSA A, M and GM shooters on here will be able to see just how little the average 3 gunner knows about pistols! Right now we can just lurk around the other pistol subforums and keep from revealing our true identifies.

Our little corner of the benoverse may be all that us Three gunners are interested in, but don't Kidd yourself. This is a forum for the pistol competitors, and all the rest of us are just fortunate that they have allowed us this little corner. Any actions that may step on the toes of the larger far more influential group of users will certainly be poorly recieved.

I totally don't see the issue. To be honest, if it keeps questions irrelevant to the majority of USPSA shooters from clogging the upper forums, I see that as a good thing. If 3-gunners are truly developing a separate breed of pistol usage, how is that different from having the open pistol sub-forum for those of us on the dark side? When I have a specific 2011 question I still go up-top and look in the appropriate forum. It's not like it will keep people from seeing an advertising banner that someone is paying for in another sub-forum or something, is it?

You are a not the norm Kurt, the statement is accurate. I know a couple others but most 3 gunners are shooting 9 minor. But there's also Open and Heavy too for consideration. If the idea of a subforum for 3 gun pistols is a bust then oh well, just wanted to raise it.

I like the idea of a sub forum in the multigun section for pistols. Lord knows I had a heck of a time sorting through the USPSA discussions looking for information relevant to my 9mm that I will be running in 3-gun.

Moltke, of course I am not "the Norm"....he was a character on Cheers. I am Kurt, not an actor. Maybe where you are 9mm is normal, but where I am not so much. It is a big old country and it is easy to fall into "what we do here is the end all and be all", but that doesn't make it true. Maybe the rich kids doing 3-gun nation do it, but 3-gun is much larger than just that. In the Western U.S. it is fairly common to find guys using their USPSA gear for 3- gun. I could go into a big old list of guys who finish in the top 10 in major 3-gun matches that use 40, but i am afraid you wouldn't listen....this ain't Maryland......it is "Merica!!!"

Edited by kurtm

I like the idea of a 3-gun pistol sub-forum, personally. The reason is that I haven't shot much USPSA, so trying to delve through all the limited major info to determine what is relevant to me is tough.

I like the idea of a 3-gun pistol sub-forum, personally. The reason is that I haven't shot much USPSA, so trying to delve through all the limited major info to determine what is relevant to me is tough.

Here's my advice on a 3 gun pistol-

Make sure it's reliable.

Make sure it's accurate enough to hit a 5" plate at 30 yards

Make sure it's reliable.

2011, Glock, Smith, Springfield, Sig, CZ, etc doesn't matter much if you can shoot it well. There is nothing sexy required of a 3 gun pistol. Spend the money on practice (ammo) instead of the gun. Use what you have, don't chase performance by spending more money on go-fast gadgets. Having said that, I'll admit I've been shooting a Glock for the past 3-4 years and I still don't really like it. But it's kind of like a pick up truck. It works and gets the job done. It's not as fun to drive as a sports car, but gets from A to B just the same.

Edited by Bryan 45

Here's my advice on a 3 gun pistol-

Make sure it's reliable.

Make sure it's reliable.

2011, Glock, Smith, Springfield, Sig, CZ, etc doesn't matter much if you can shoot it well. There is nothing sexy required of a 3 gun pistol. Spend the money on practice (ammo) instead of the gun. Use what you have, don't chase performance by spending more money on go-fast gadgets. Having said that, I'll admit I've been shooting a Glock for the past 3-4 years and I still don't really like it. But it's kind of like a pick up truck. It works and gets the job done. It's not as fun to drive as a sports car, but gets from A to B just the same.

Bryan, you had to opportunity to sample a 6" .40. :goof:

Looks like there's already some topics to be discussed in a 3 gun pistol subforum... Hmmm....

Ha Ha! Good point! :)

I've tried out a few 5" and 6" 2011s at our local matches, and while very nice, I just don't see the benefits worth the price. Yet. Spending that kind of money on a handgun for 3 gun would limit my funds for more frivolous things. :)

We would be much better off with a "Muzzle Brake" sub forum for rifles....as we all know you can't win if you don't have the right one! (whatever one that is)

Muzzle devices are one of the most beaten to death topics on the interwebs! We need a forum dedicated to them!!!

He long time Tyler, hows married life treating you?

Pat, for a new strategy, spend more time chasing pistol builders, instead of rifle builders, or find one that does both. Then find one that gets along with your other sponsors. It ain't easy, matter of fact it is a lot of work, and on top of that you have to win and be nice (the easy part for you). Keep that up for around 6-7 years and presto! If you do an internet montage you can make it seem like 6 months or so. :lol:

He long time Tyler, hows married life treating you?

Pat, for a new strategy, spend more time chasing pistol builders, instead of rifle builders, or find one that does both. Then find one that gets along with your other sponsors. It ain't easy, matter of fact it is a lot of work, and on top of that you have to win and be nice (the easy part for you). Keep that up for around 6-7 years and presto! If you do an internet montage you can make it seem like 6 months or so. :lol:

Damn that is a lot of work! Does anybody do that (work hard for years before they are sponsored) anymore?

Here's my advice on a 3 gun rifle/shotgun

Make sure it's reliable.

Make sure it's reliable.

Bushmaster/Colt/Stag/Benelli/Beretta/Remington/POF, etc doesn't matter much if you can shoot it well. There is nothing sexy required of a 3 gun rifle/shotgun. Spend the money on practice (ammo) instead of the gun. Use what you have, don't chase performance by spending more money on go-fast gadgets.

Fixed it for ya. It's a good thing we have rifle & shotgun sub-forums..... :devil: