Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strelok-- Vortex Razor HD JM1

gerritm

There's two premium Strelok apps—make sure you get the right one. I believe Strelok+ uses basic ballistic calculations but adds reticles, whereas Strelok Pro uses more accurate ballistic calculations but does not give reticles.

At any rate, the Strelok+ app is plenty good enough for 3-gun (actually, it's great for my bolt gun out to 1k yards, too) and is the $5 one.

For Android I've found far more reticles for the Strelok+ app than I have for the Pro or free versions. I got the free version, then went to the pro, thinking it'd have everything, but only the strelok+ version had the options I was used to from the iphone version.

This app has been awesome for 3gun. The ability to put my load in, type in a distance and target size and get a visual representation of the target has been a huge advantage for long range targets as well as short range clays and medium distance targets with hard cover/no-shoots. It's really given me a much more accurate knowledge of my bullets flight path and solid knowledge for where to hold in the scope at different distances and magnifications.

I will make sure we download the Strelok +. Kind of useless if it doesn't have the correct reticle. Want to be able to make fairly quick decisions. Tired of guessing. Pretty much not too difficult using a 50-200 yard zero out to 300 yards. It has been those in-between targets past 400 that seem to give us the trouble.

He is going to chrono our loads tomorrow.

Thanks, gerritm

• 3 weeks later...

Update. Downloaded the Plus version in both my Android phone and my sons. Chronoed several of our factory loads to get average FPS. Verified my 200 yard zero, was about 3" high and corrected it. Plugged in all of the specs including measuring the scope offset exactly. Shot my first long range match using this Sunday from 150 out to 460 yards. Used the distances on the reticlepart of the app for the shots starting at 300 yards and it was exact.

One of my best runs, hit the longer steels based on the reticle distances. No guessing, great app.

gerritm

Outstanding!

I have a chrono'ed, zeroed set up for both my bolt gun and my 3-Gun AR, and I have used Strelok+ to get accurate hits out to 600yds. It's a very nice piece of software.