Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 trigger help please

MTGlass

Hi all.

I'm not much of a Glock person, but I picked up a blue label Gen4 G19 from a prize table recently. The trigger sucks and is painful for any extended shooting sessions. I'm expecting to send this gun to college with my daughter and want it to be comfortable and safe to shoot and carry. I'd like to keep it legal for GSSF too, if possible.

So, I'm looking for recommendations on how to fix up the trigger with carry & comfort in mind.

Thanks!

All Glocks are safe to shoot and carry, as long as you don't fck with them and put it a bunch of aftermarket stuff, which you don't want to do with a carry gun anyway. I don't know what you call and extended shooting session, but to me, that is 2,000 rounds in 4 days at the GunSite Academy. The easy fix is the so called 25 cent trigger job, where you polish up the connector with a dremel. Youi could aslo drop in a 3.5lb connector (G34/G35). Don't get it too hot or it will break. But the truth is a Glock is not a 1911, even if you put a $250 trigger in it. The only way around any Glock is to pull the trigger about 50,000 times then it will feel normal. At this point she is probably far better off to take shooting lessons to get the fundamentals under her belt. There must be some local USPSA/IDPA clubs around that could hook you up with some Grand Master instructors.

I though students couldn't have guns in college? even with a CCW permit? Oh, and be sure to function fire any carry ammo in the G19. There has been internet traffic on Glock Talk about G19's not liking Gold Dots so much. Forum talk doesn't count much for me, especially when it's their first Glock, first gun. But my buddy had the same issue, and he is an experienced USPSA shooter. The Winchester SXT +P+ 127s run perfect in my G19s.

Edited by 9x45

All Glocks are safe to shoot and carry, as long as you don't fck with them and put it a bunch of aftermarket stuff, which you don't want to do with a carry gun anyway. I don't know what you call and extended shooting session, but to me, that is 2,000 rounds in 4 days at the GunSite Academy. The easy fix is the so called 25 cent trigger job, where you polish up the connector with a dremel. Youi could aslo drop in a 3.5lb connector (G34/G35). Don't get it too hot or it will break. But the truth is a Glock is not a 1911, even if you put a $250 trigger in it. The only way around any Glock is to pull the trigger about 50,000 times then it will feel normal. At this point she is probably far better off to take shooting lessons to get the fundamentals under her belt. There must be some local USPSA/IDPA clubs around that could hook you up with some Grand Master instructors.

I though students couldn't have guns in college? even with a CCW permit? Oh, and be sure to function fire any carry ammo in the G19. There has been internet traffic on Glock Talk about G19's not liking Gold Dots so much. Forum talk doesn't count much for me, especially when it's their first Glock, first gun. But my buddy had the same issue, and he is an experienced USPSA shooter. The Winchester SXT +P+ 127s run perfect in my G19s.

My duty rounds are the Speer Gold Dot 124 +P and they've been 100% reliable in my two G19s.

Maybe I should just dump this one. I've had at least one Glock armorer tell me Block really screwed the pooch with the Gen4.

The trigger shoe & safety raise a welt after 50 rounds. 200-400 would likely raise & pop a blister.

Maybe I should just dump this one. I've had at least one Glock armorer tell me Block really screwed the pooch with the Gen4.

The trigger shoe & safety raise a welt after 50 rounds. 200-400 would likely raise & pop a blister.

I have fired more than 100,000 rounds through Gen 4 Glocks with Zero Blisters. Maybe you need a new Armorer. A litttle emery cloth will fix that issue in a few minutes.

Yeah, I will admit that a stock trigger isn't even close to as comfortable as a ZEV trigger, my stock ones have never injured me. Something may be wrong

Gold Dot is the #1 selling LEA Ammunition in the USA. If it did not work we would hear about it from them.

I re-read all the threads on GT, and it narrows it down to 10 round CA compliant models. Guess the rest of the country is ok then.

My duty rounds are the Speer Gold Dot 124 +P and they've been 100% reliable in my two G19s.

Our Agency carries Speer Gold Dot Gold Dot .40 S&W 165gr in our duty G22's...BUT if we choose to carry off duty in 9mm our off duty authorized 9mm ammo is Speer Gold Dot 124 +p .

Functions 100% in G19, G43....great round....

Our issued ammo in 9mm is 124+p gold dots. I have over 1000 of gold dots rounds in my glock 26 and and probably 500 in my glock 19. The 19 also has 3000 rounds of target fmj from 115 to 147 grain. Only failures I have had were within the 1st 100 rounds using cheap ammo. I know a few people that had issues the first few magazines in ge 4 9mm , but they seem to break in and run as well as the gen 3's. My glock 26 has been almost as reliable. Out of the box it was gtg, but gold dots were the first 200 rounds. I tried the Winchester train and defend 147 grains and for some reason the26 didn't like them. I had a few failure to feeds.. I do notknow what the problem was. I have also run wnichester ranger 147 grain through both guns without issues.

Replace the curved, serrated "target" trigger with the smooth faced trigger from the G17. They put that crappy trigger on all their compact and sub compact pistols to meet import regulations. The only difference is the trigger face. It did the same thing to me...hurt like hell. I replaced it and its so much better. It's like $16.

You can also get an exacto knife or file and shave down the face of the trigger safety so its flush when depressed.

As far as trigger pull, the 3.5lb connector and a little polishing works wonders.

Edited by LeviSS

How good of a trigger are you looking for? A smooth faced trigger, (-) connecter and a .25 cent trigger job will get you a decent trigger. If you want more than that, get a Vanek GSSF trigger kit and you will have a good trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

That little bit of the trigger safety that sticks out when the put your finger on the trigger is irritating as hell. It takes about 5 minutes to make it even with the trigger so you don't feel it and the trigger safety works just the same. I use a Dremel and a drum sander on all of mine. If you are careful and take your time it takes about 5 minutes to get rid of that small irritating piece and another couple of minutes to sand the face of the trigger so it looks like it came that way. If you don't want to do it send me your trigger bar and I will do it for you for free.

• 1 month later...

Remove the factory-stock, ribbed trigger and bar that came with the pistol. Install a G-17, smooth-faced trigger and bar in its place. Take something like a (flat) extra-fine grit, diamond knife sharpener, or even a fingernail file, and - with the trigger bar removed from the pistol - push the trigger safety lever all the way forward and remove ONLY the very tip of the lever. This should make repeatedly pressing your Glock's trigger more tolerable for you.

Contact Ghost, Inc. and put in one of their new, 'EVO' connectors. If you don't know how to fit the connector tab then let an armorer do it for you. In order to do a genuinely useful polish job you'll need to use a Dremel Tool. I would suggest that you use a round fabric wheel and Flitz Metal Polish. Run the tool at no higher than medium speed. Work barehanded so that you'll be able to sense heat buildup in the metal; and, whatever else you do,

DO NOT BEAR DOWN HARD ON ANY PART THAT YOU'RE POLISHING, AND STAY AWAY FROM ALL CORNERS AND EDGES!

With a Dremel Tool, even when it's running at medium speed, 12 - 15 seconds is a long time to polish any one spot. Generally speaking: If the metal feels warm to the touch, you're finished. (If the metal is actually hot to the touch then you went too far!) On my EDC Glocks I use all Wolff Gunsprings; and I increase (rather than decrease) the weight of both the trigger and striker springs to 6 lb. each. My resets are clean and crisp - very noticeable - and my trigger pulls (although typically, 'clunky like a Glock') range between 4.9 and 5.2 lb.

If you decide to (lightly) polish any edge on a Glock's trigger bar it should be the lower edge of the cruciform's, 'sear tab'. (This takes experience; and it's NOT a job for everybody.) Just so you know, everyone I've ever done a Glock trigger job for has loved the result. It's, 'all the rage' right now; but, I do NOT use reduced weight striker safety springs.

Two personal preferences I have are for: (1) TruGlo, 'TFX' Sights; and (2) Extended Slide LOCKS. As a safety precaution I change out my slide LOCK springs at around 15,000 fired rounds. (Because the slide LOCK spring is the one part on a Glock that HOLDS THE SLIDE AND FRAME TOGETHER.)

Edited by Arc Angel

• 3 weeks later...