Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW Floating Trigger return pin

Gdub

Anyone ever used one of these in their Tanfo Stock 2 or like guns? I bought one of their reduced power trigger return springs and picked this up at the same time. I can't find the post but I thought someone installed one of these in their Stock 2. The pin is quite a bit smaller than the hole but seems to stay in place during dry fire. It almost feels like it reduced my DA trigger pull a little. The pin not the spring, I already had the spring installed.

The pin hole is half a mm bigger in Tanfos, but I'm not one to discourage innovation ;)

I hope to find out what live ammo does today. It does look kind of scary though.

I've put the CGW reduced power trigger spring and their floating trigger pin in both my Stock 2's and Stock 3's. After many live rounds and dry fire there hasn't been a single issue. There has been no issue of the pin working it's way out.

I've put the CGW reduced power trigger spring and their floating trigger pin in both my Stock 2's and Stock 3's. After many live rounds and dry fire there hasn't been a single issue. There has been no issue of the pin working it's way out.

Great to hear! Thanks

Did you mod it to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CGW floating trigger pin in both my Accu Shadows and my Stock 2's and 3's all move with the same amount of pressure. No more, no less. I can take my fingernail and move the pin on all three (Accu, Stock 2, Stock 3). So far no issues whatsoever. There is absolutely no wobble or fitting issues of the pin in either gun.

Here is the CGW floating pin in a Stock 2:

20150722_074856_zpsh5n81yau.jpg

And here is a CGW floating pin in an Accu Shadow:

20150722_083241_zpsxmruk985.jpg

Edited by JGus

what does this do exactly?

It allows for easy removal of the trigger assembly from the frame. The trigger return spring is what keeps the pin in place rather than a tight fit with the roll pin. You can simply push the pin out with a punch or small screw driver without using a hammer once you take pressure off the return spring.

Edited by BrazeauRacing

Does it somehow obviate the need for a slave pin to reinstall the trigger assembled with the TRS?

It does not.

The CGW floating trigger pin really isn't necessary unless you punch the stock pin out often. The rolled steel trigger pin that comes stock works just fine but is more prone to damage when punched out. The CGW trigger pin is solid steel and easier to remove/install. More of a luxury than a necessity in my opinion. But that being said, I do like it and have it on six guns.

Himurax13,

That's interesting. Do all the Tan's use the same trigger pin diameter? Our Canik pin (PN: 30600) is .098" OD and the TR-PIN for the CZ is .086". Can anyone tell me if there are other sizes, and if so, what? Best method is to use a precision pin gauge(s) to measure the frames pin bore.

Himurax13,

That's interesting. Do all the Tan's use the same trigger pin diameter? Our Canik pin (PN: 30600) is .098" OD and the TR-PIN for the CZ is .086". Can anyone tell me if there are other sizes, and if so, what? Best method is to use a precision pin gauge(s) to measure the frames pin bore.

That explains it for me, thanks for the post. The Tanfo trigger pins are 2.5mm (0.098") Not sure what the CZ pin is supposed to be though... 0.086" comes out to 2.184mm. Next time I have a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket, I'll have to give one of those a try! What is the length of the pin though for the Canik? Tanfo trigger pins are 18mm long...

Does it somehow obviate the need for a slave pin to reinstall the trigger assembled with the TRS?

It does not.

The CGW floating trigger pin really isn't necessary unless you punch the stock pin out often. The rolled steel trigger pin that comes stock works just fine but is more prone to damage when punched out. The CGW trigger pin is solid steel and easier to remove/install. More of a luxury than a necessity in my opinion. But that being said, I do like it and have it on six guns.

Is there any slop in the trigger pull? The diameter of the pin is smaller in the middle.

It does not.

Is there any slop in the trigger pull? The diameter of the pin is smaller in the middle.

Not at all. I had a couple extra for CZ's so I just tried it on a whim and it's worked great. So then I put it in all of my Stock 2's and 3's.

But based on what himurax13 has posted, had I known that info I would have ordered the CGW trigger pins for the Canik to put on my EAA Stocks. But as I've said, I've had no issues at all and there is no slop or movement. The CGW trigger pin for the CZ Shadow seems to be a great fit for the EAA Stocks. But let me state I'm definitely no expert on this subject. Far from it.

Edited by JGus