Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW Floating Trigger return pin

Gdub

Jgus, you may want to put the correct size pin in the gun (stock or aftermarket) to avoid potentially damaging the frame or components. Using a smaller diameter pin focuses the load on a very small area, as opposed to distributing the load over roughly half a pin circumference. Focusing that load, especially with moving components, will cause excessive wear and possibly a stress riser that could crack.

SISIG,

The pins don't work they way you interpret. The center narrowed center section is occupied by the trigger return spring, keeping the pin positioned so the trigger only runs on the larger OD.

Thanks David!

Jgus, you may want to put the correct size pin in the gun (stock or aftermarket) to avoid potentially damaging the frame or components. Using a smaller diameter pin focuses the load on a very small area, as opposed to distributing the load over roughly half a pin circumference. Focusing that load, especially with moving components, will cause excessive wear and possibly a stress riser that could crack.

There is no wobble or movement of the pin of any kind when it's in place. None. As I've said, the fit of the CGW CZ pin in the Stock 2 and 3 by appearance and feel seems to fit exactly as it does in my CZ Accu Shadow. So I can't imagine how it would cause any damage unless there was some wobble or play in the fit of the pin?

Tan frames are heat treated, as are our floating trigger pins, therefore there is no discernible wear as a long as the fit is proper. Our pins have a .002" +/- clearance in the CZ, and the same in the Canik. This is in reality .001" per side on the pins radius.

This is why I asked what the Tan's frame pin bore measures. We don't advertise our pins for use in the Tan's, but I have learned most of the forum members here are a lot sharper than I. I respect and appreciate their input.

So here is the Stock tanfo trigger roll pin next to the CGW Canik trigger pin.

The tanfo elite match pin's width varies from .095" to .101".

The CGW Canik pin is .097" in width. So it is roughly .001" thicker than the Henning Trigger Pin if my Harbor Freight Caliper is accurate, LOL.

I was thinking about getting a CZ97 trigger from Dave and having both holes hogged out for use in a tanfo if that is feasible.

37318e3dba6848ec7ae2ea895439613e.jpg

d7c76a09ed573a2eac24e4c030ed23e0.jpg

Edited by himurax13

Looks like the length is good. Being 1 thou oversize should be fine. It should remove some of the trigger slop as part of that comes from the pin to trigger fit. Good alternative to the henning pin. Though I've been happy with the henning.

• 4 months later...

From the sound of it the CZ pin is much too small, the Canik pin is much closer, and sounds perfectly serviceable. What a lot of people are forgetting when they say all the pins fit tight, is that the trigger return spring is pushing against the pin, so it is always going to 'feel' tight weather it is a proper fit or not... I'll pick up one of the Canik pins at some point.

yes I did see your earlier post that's why I got the canik pin, but turns out it was too big for my stock 2-3 so I just re ordered a CZ pin as I don't want to ream the hole bigger. its a bit loose but does not walk out or anything... Thanks

• 1 month later...

I got one of the pins too. It was quite snug when first installing it, so I took it out, chucked it up in a drill and hit it with 1500 grit sand paper then some mothers polish, did the same for the holes in the frame. Now it fits perfectly. It does seem to smooth things out ever so slightly. The slave pin they give you for install seems a little big though, may have to come up with a better slave pin for easy installation...

I was thinking about this again though.... Is this pin USPSA Production legal? Is anyone really going to care? Club matches? Area level matches?