Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you guys using as a magazine loader for 9mm

zombywoof

have you ever seen a 'top tier' shooter use an Uplula? have you ever asked yourself why they don't use them? Ask one next time and here's what you're likely to hear ....

they don't need to use one because they have developed their grip strength to the point where they don't need any 'help' loading mags .... there's a hint in there somewhere ...

BTW, a simple way to increase your grip strength for 'free' is to loads bullets by hand ....

doing this means one less thing to buy, one less thing to bring & store in your range bag, one less thing to have to find and fish out to use every time you load mags ...

.... and it really impresses the 20-somthing shooting Groupies that hang around our matches .... :)

Edited by Nimitz

have you ever seen a 'top tier' shooter use an Uplula? have you ever asked yourself why they don't use them? Ask one next time and here's what you're likely to hear ....

they don't need to use one because they have developed their grip strength to the point where they don't need any 'help' loading mags .... there's a hint in there somewhere ...

BTW, a simple way to increase your grip strength for 'free' is to loads bullets by hand ....

doing this means one less thing to buy, one less thing to bring & store in your range bag, one less thing to have to find and fish out to use every time you load mags ...

.... and it really impresses the 20-somthing shooting Groupies that hang around our matches .... :)

Nothing to do with "grip strength" :ph34r:

My hands are more than strong enough (size 18 ring finger) to handle reloading mags. I use an UpLula because I want the job done as simple and quickly as possible. The "top tier" guys will never impress me loading mags by hand, because Ill be done, while they are still loading. I hand loaded enough mags while I was in the Marines to last me a lifetime...

Try loading a 10 round S&W mag. It's the only one I have problems with. Extremly frustrating.

Edited by zombywoof

I don't think it is because of grip strength, but rather attention to detail. I believe that they are desiring to ensure that the magazine in question feeds properly and has correct spring tension. When your gun is running a ridiculously light spring and light loads, the magazine is in the spotlight.

The problem with the Uplula is, you have to have something like a table to push on.

The HKS lets you load without a table.

I press my UPLULA against my shooting belt which seems to be wherever I am at the time...or my thigh...or a table.?

Still using thumbs, load all my mags prior to a match. I just buy 10 rounders whenever I see them for sale. I think I have like thirty or something like that. Don't spend any more time loading mags at a match, but if I did, then I'd probably just use my thumbs as I don't have a pistol whose magazines are really that difficult to load by hand anyway. Last round being hard just lets me know its almost full. I load them with only 10 rounds in my hand to start though so I know anyway how many go in it. I've gotten pretty good at picking up 10 rounds at a time and just loading that many. Can't remember a time that I loaded too few.

JZ

Edited by JimmyZip

zombywoof

there is a mag follower mod that make loading 10 round mags

It is in this forum but I couldn't find it

here is another link

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/124192-How-to-video-on-modifying-M-amp-P-magazine-followers

I did the follower mod. The springs are the 17 round length shoved into a shorter 10 round body. The spring is really compressed. The loader works great.