Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Dot size

JimF38sup

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran a 4 moa till I tried the 2 moa. I liked the 2 moa for the tight shots as it didn't cover up the entire target. However I had to turn it up to full bright to see it well especially with sunglasses. So keep that in mind

I've used an 8 for a long time, but have just made the switch to 4 for the Australian Nationals in 10 days. I find that it lets me be a little more accurate at distance, aim small miss small sort of thing. I am a little concerned about shooting into the sun with it, but when comparing the 8 to the 4, the 8 isn't really any brighter.

I think you have to work harder and be more disciplined with a smaller dot. You can certinaly see any movement you put into the gun very clearly, and you know if you are yanking the trigger.

Just my 2c

I use a 12. I'm considering going back to an 8 just to see what I've been missing but honestly the 12 does not get in the way. Major advantage is that you can pick it up quickly and tracking is easy. I've never felt like the dot was too big in any match.

I've used an 8 for a long time, but have just made the switch to 4 for the Australian Nationals in 10 days. I find that it lets me be a little more accurate at distance, aim small miss small sort of thing. I am a little concerned about shooting into the sun with it, but when comparing the 8 to the 4, the 8 isn't really any brighter.

I think you have to work harder and be more disciplined with a smaller dot. You can certinaly see any movement you put into the gun very clearly, and you know if you are yanking the trigger.

Just my 2c

hey it works for brodie! good luck at the nationals Jase. I'm sorry I missed you at blacktown last week. Different squads.

I ran the 12 dot over the weekend in USPSA. I did like it, a lil easier to pick up, didn't have any very tight shots where the big dot would have hindered.

I'll shoot steel challenge this weekend and see how I like it.

The dot is very bright even before it starts to "distort" or "star"

How many of you are using a glare shield like Arrendondo or LimCat so you can run a smaller dot in brighter surroundings?

I'm using a 6 MOA and have to turn it up almost to max in just about any lightening conditions?

Edited by grantwoodok

I used an Arredondo glare shield and was happy with it. When I changed to my 4 MOA dot though, something wasn't right, I kept losing it. Assumed it was the dot till my brother pointed out it was actually the glare shield. I could see the dot dead centre of the glass, but it disappeared with any movement away. I've ditched the cover now, and can see the dot right to the edges of the glass.

I'd love to get a limcat unit, but just cannot seem to source them in Oz, or anyone that will send one to me.

Yeah I tried the Arrendondo shield and had issues with it blocking the dot at some angles. I switched to a LIMCAT shield with the small aluminum pad between the dot module and the glare shield and have had 0 issues since switching.

• 3 weeks later...