Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Forty

Onepocket

WST

Me personally I cannot feel the difference between it and VV320 but a lot of guys like 320

IT's harder to find than WST around me

WST is what I've used for about 4 years now

Load it to 171 Pf and have never gone below 169 at the chrono

Another N320 user, but got my hands on 4 lbs of ETR this winter. I've been using that for loading practice rounds but lately my testing has shown it to give pretty decent std deviations and I haven't seen any signs of it being temp sensitive. I got mine from Leatherhead Bullets since they are a dealer, local to me, and the price is good.

All I have is titegroup, because that's all I could find. The only complaint I have is that it's hot. The good news is if anyone wants a grilled cheese at the range my 35 is hot enough. The 320 is out of my price range for the amount I shoot, I will start hunting WST. THANKS.

I actually prefer the feel of WST to N320. The only issue with WST is its "severely" reverse temperature sensitive. My final step in working up a load using WST is to put 10 rounds on ice and 10 rounds in direct sunlight to heat up before sending them over the chrono.

GNG just give me half of your 50 gal drum. If you do find some get it and I will pay you.

I went by today and they are out. They had it in stock for 3 months and now it's all gone. I'll let you know if I see any around.

What data are you guys using to make major PF?

Prjectile

OAL

How many grains of WST

What PF

Thanks!

There is tons of data on this, but to keep the information rolling:

180gr Xtreme RNFP

1.180"

4.9-5.0gr WST

Tula SP Primers

PF avg about 171-172

WST as I'm cheap. If that store sold me a winning lottery ticket then the VV N320 just b/c everyone says it's the bee's knees.

I'll be using power pistol just b/c it's the only higher "power" powder I could find to order. I also got some BE-86 but the PP should get a few more fps.

Hell you could probably do it with many powders, just depends on how much you want to hunt for powder, and how much your willing to experiment with loads. I hear you can make major with Green dot, although I wouldn't be brave enough to push it that far, given my experience or lack thereof.

Sorry if I'm too noobie to give a legit comment, but wanted to add my 2cents anyway :blush:

I just started testing Ramshot competition based on some of the recommendations from this forum. I'm very happy with it so far. I made major with 3.7gr under 200gr bayou bullet at 1.19 oal out of a 5" 2011. 10 shot average gave me 169pf and an es of 14fps. I am going to run more tests with 3.9gr and 4.0gr to make sure I have enough cushion for major matches

WST

Me personally I cannot feel the difference between it and VV320 but a lot of guys like 320

IT's harder to find than WST around me

WST is what I've used for about 4 years now

Load it to 171 Pf and have never gone below 169 at the chrono

Mixed brass

WSP or CCI spp

3,8 grs WST

200gr Bayou

COL 1.180

out of 2 1911 SS guns (nowlin and clark bbls)

para 16-40 factory Bbl

all chrono 172 at home (20 to 78 degrees)

Akai with schuman BBl is a little slower 170 PF

Never gone below 169 at chrono at matches