Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock III upgrades in progress

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say they don't fit. I just said they don't fit well with the beaver tail.

Its an exact fit with no real space. Also if you run into a club box that is on the small end you are forcing it in.

I shot CDP for a bit with a LIM PRO 45. Im digging the custom grips ;)

Edited by praetorian97

2 dollar tennis racket grip wrap.

I have two pros that fit with significant room and 2 that only have 1/2 inch or so to spare. The beavertails vary significantly on these guns

It looked much better with the WHITE hospital tape! :goof:

Well I took my new Stock III out today after some Easter festivities to sight it in and was a little surprised at what happened. I am using the same setup as in both my Stock II's and the same minor load which never gave me this issue. As pics below this was what happened the first 6-7 magazines I put thru it. This happened about 80% of the shots. I could almost every time bump the back of the slide and it'd go into battery..

post-47835-142826513665_thumb.jpg

post-47835-142826515301_thumb.jpg

This was what some of the following rounds looked like when I had to just rack the round out. I mean the next round in magazine after racking slide.

post-47835-14282652572_thumb.jpg

I put what I think was a heavier recoil spring in (not sure the weight as just what had on me) and I put another 5-6 mags thru the gun slow and fast and the all fed fine.

Do you think maybe the gun just needed a little breaking in and a heavier recoil spring than my Stock II's? I figured the same setup would work in both pistols. Thoughts appreciated

Gump

Same thing happened to me. The only difference was my Stock 2 would only do this after it was super dirty.

Now that I have put a few thousand rounds through it it seems to be back to normal and hasn't happened to me in the last thousand rounds or so.

Thanks,

WJM

I havent done any extensive firing with my Stock III yet but I did put 4-5 mags worth of Leather Head 147 Truncated Nose through it flawlessly.

Its probably the EG grips you have on there. I'll take them off your hands ;)

Edited by praetorian97

Well I took my new Stock III out today after some Easter festivities to sight it in and was a little surprised at what happened. I am using the same setup as in both my Stock II's and the same minor load which never gave me this issue. As pics below this was what happened the first 6-7 magazines I put thru it. This happened about 80% of the shots. I could almost every time bump the back of the slide and it'd go into battery..

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1428265130.369323.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1428265146.869593.jpg

This was what some of the following rounds looked like when I had to just rack the round out. I mean the next round in magazine after racking slide.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1428265247.438866.jpg

I put what I think was a heavier recoil spring in (not sure the weight as just what had on me) and I put another 5-6 mags thru the gun slow and fast and the all fed fine.

Do you think maybe the gun just needed a little breaking in and a heavier recoil spring than my Stock II's? I figured the same setup would work in both pistols. Thoughts appreciated

Gump

Hey Gump,is that a 147gr BBI? did it feed reliably on your S2?

Gump

147 Bayous. They fed in both my Stock II's 100%, I wondered if maybe if I need to load a tad shorter with this Stock III?

Gump

147 Bayous. They fed in both my Stock II's 100%, I wondered if maybe if I need to load a tad shorter with this Stock III?

I guess not all gun are the same, they all behave differently.

Gump

I guess not all gun are the same, they all behave differently.

Yea, course after changing the recoil spring and the last 4-5 mags running with no problems im hoping it just needed that along with some breaking in, may have to shorten OAL a tad

Received about 95% of that parts I wanted. Stripped her down for polishing.

Maybe I'll just part her out ;)

Noticed the disco has the same shape as Lim Pro I had from two years ago, however they went to a single wing design.

19491_10205267294498503_8408037761903387

Edited by praetorian97