Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock III upgrades in progress

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've also got a Stock 3 9mm that I'm definitely wanting to upgrade the trigger and possibly improve the reset. This has been a great thread, but i think the more i read the more confused i get about which hammer, firing pin, springs, etc, that I should install? Should I get the one piece sear, the CGW Type 3 Disconnnector, etc? Could someone simply itemize a list of all the specific parts (what they believe are the best parts) that are needed to upgrade/improve the Stock 3 trigger and reset? No explanation of fitting needed, or where to polish, just simply an itemized list. I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks.

Has anyone had a fail to extract issue. I fired 100 rounds without a problem. Cleaned the gun and on a second occasion fired another 100 rounds, no problems. I then did the a fore mentioned polishing job, replaced the plunger spring with Hennings #18 and replaced the recoil spring to 8lb with the accompanying firing pin spring. I then brought it to the range and had two fail to extract malfunctions during the next 50 rounds. Any advice?

Has anyone had a fail to extract issue. I fired 100 rounds without a problem. Cleaned the gun and on a second occasion fired another 100 rounds, no problems. I then did the a fore mentioned polishing job, replaced the plunger spring with Hennings #18 and replaced the recoil spring to 8lb with the accompanying firing pin spring. I then brought it to the range and had two fail to extract malfunctions during the next 50 rounds. Any advice?

10lb recoil spring

I had it happen with the original recoil spring as well. It looks like it failed to hang on as it was extracting because the shell was partially removed from the chamber.

Edited by Min

Henning Gen II Firing Pin. Every LPS I had would ignite the second strike.

I have an EG Firing Pin I can try next as well.

Was the second strike da again or SA? If it was da again I'd suggest it's primer seat depth issue. First strike is seating the primer deeper, second strike sets it off.

I've actually wondered about that... Why couldn't you modify the EGW sear to work with the lifter from the two piece sear? Then you have a thru hardened sear that is still compatible with SA/DA and the firing pin block. And because it is all internal, it is still legal for USPSA Production. Not sure how much there would be to gained there though...

You could. The egw sear has a kind of spacer surface where the fpb lifter would normally be. If you removed that I'm pretty sure the lifter from the 2 piece sear would fit just fine.