Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock III upgrades in progress

Picked up a Stock III from the Hawktech Fire Sale like many of you did. I will be posting my random findings and progress here. Unfortunately the Stock III upgrade process will be a bit slow paced. I recently "cajunized" a CZ SP01 so I'm still having fun/recovering with that as well as my primary USPSA focus is a Tanfoglio Limited 40.

Here we go. First mod was a Dawson Front Sight. .160 T by .100 W. I dropped a couple of 180Ts on a Limited 40 and Limited Pro 45 I owned at the time. I figured since thats what Henning was selling his custom sigths as, that would be the route to go. I found that I had to raise the height of my stock LPA rear adjustable sights pretty high. I have since switched to the Dawson 160T and haven't looked back. Installed 4 sets of these and they are great. Dawson recently changed their design so you can use the stock set screw hole. In the past you had to dimple a new set screw hole. My .02 if you are going to get a Henning Front....Buy the matching rear to go with it.

$39 through Dawson

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=8000174C-1388518375

$100 Full Henning Set

http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-front-rear-sight-target-set-hwmc

After installing these I found that these will not lighten your trigger pull..... :closedeyes:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felt a little frosty and decided to play with the Firing Pins.

Left to Right.

Stock Stock III - Xtreme XL - Henning XL

11074704_10205210603721269_8118156509831

Rumor has it you have to fit the Firing Pin Block? I installed both the Henning/Xtreme and they pencil tested out pretty robustly. Live fire test will provide solid results however I'm pretty confident it will be fine. I would feel fine buying which ever one was available or cheaper. Very glad the Stock III is Large Frame and my parts kit will work for both of my USPSA gats.

I did notice something odd.

The Xtreme FP seemed to be magnetized :surprise:

10407047_10205210602801246_7788255310714

11059628_10205210603281258_4880075663602

After installing these I found that these will also not lighten your trigger pull..... :closedeyes:

Edited by praetorian97

I have not had to fit the firing pin block on either of my stock 2 or 3. Both have the henning pin. I think the fitting issue comes when you switch sears and hammers.

I plan on switching to DA Xtreme Delta Hammer that just arrived as well as playing with a new one piece sear I have laying around. Will post what changes if any occur.

They don't lighten your trigger pull, but they allow you to lighten the pull and still light the primers.

Failed attempt at humor on my part.

I know my trigger pull will need spring changes and polishing. This stock III will be my fourth tang and 5th CZ75 variant Ive worked on. :cheers:

Question....I want to change out the safety lever to the larger paddle on the Limited guns.

These do not come on the Stock Series but do on the Limited Pro. Which I believe since that is Prod Legal I can put that on my Stock III and still be legal.

Anyone have one for sale?

safety-custom.jpg

Edited by praetorian97

I went with the henning FP, EG light hammer spring, EG hammer, EG light plunger spring and fp block spring, henning guide rod and lighter recoil spring, dawson 180 front ,Lpa fiber optic rear, and light sear spring and I piece sear, polished everything and ended up with the best tanfo trigger of any of my gunsmith done tanfos. The one thing I am going to change is to go back to the regular sear spring. My SA is just too light and I may have had one sear bounce AD into the berm(it might have been me). I used the lightest plunger spring in the EG set and mine works well but I hear some guns have issues with reset after a while.

I don't think EG sells a plunger spring, just cut down your factory firing spring to the same size, it works prefectly

Clipping the plunger a link is all Ive ever done. Never heard they made a plunger spring.

What benefit does this give?

I don't think EG sells a plunger spring, just cut down your factory firing spring to the same size, it works prefectly

Clipping the plunger a link is all Ive ever done. Never heard they made a plunger spring.

What benefit does this give?

Lightens the trigger pull because the trigger bar isn't having to exert as much force to depress the plunger. But I have found if you go too light, with the pen spring, it makes the reset mushy.

Question....I want to change out the safety lever to the larger paddle on the Limited guns.

These do not come on the Stock Series but do on the Limited Pro. Which I believe since that is Prod Legal I can put that on my Stock III and still be legal.

Anyone have one for sale?

safety-custom.jpg

I have a silver one that came off my Limited that I don't use and don't plan on using if you're interested

Why would anyone pay $10-$15 for an EG 13.8lb Hammer Spring when you can get a 14lb Wolff for $4.29?

In my case I tried the wolf first and was not happy with the pull.

Tried the eg and it resulted in a much better trigger than any of the wolf springs with less stacking.

That's interesting I wouldn't think there is much of a difference unless one of the spring weights was way off. Were they the same number of coils? similar weight should have similar coil thickness and number of coils. I wonder if your wolf spring was too long and needed a coil or two snipped?

The eg springs were longer (by a good bit) but used a thinner wire.

Unfortunately both my 13 and 14lb wolf springs are trimmed (tried to get less stacking) so the comparison would not be legit.

Edited by bpipe95

Why would anyone pay $10-$15 for an EG 13.8lb Hammer Spring when you can get a 14lb Wolff for $4.29?

In my case I tried the wolf first and was not happy with the pull.

Tried the eg and it resulted in a much better trigger than any of the wolf springs with less stacking.

So are you using the EG light firing pin spring with it? Is it necessary to maintain reliable ignition? Which hammer are you using?