Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock III upgrades in progress

I ran both of mine today through 500 rounds, they fed perfectly and were amazingly accurate. I had a few rounds that made the slide cycle a little slow, may be just a break in issue, other than that everything went perfect.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=212506

I had the same issue. Seemed to go away haven't had an issue in around 1000 rounds or so.

I am also going to move to extreme bullets that have a different shape, which I am hoping will allow for a more smooth transfer along the feed ramp into the barrel.

Thanks,

WJM

Edited by WJM

I would HIGHLY doubt cz fp's would be compatible in tanfo's. CZ's lift the firing pin to disengage it, while Tanfo's lower it to disengage it. Plus most tanfo's are large frame, which are a different length in that part of the gun/slide. While still doubtful, the only possible compatibility would be between the CZ and the small frame Tanfo's.

But, by all means, if you want to get one and try it out, compare, modify it. I'm sure we would all be happy to hear about your trials and tribulations!

Little light work tonight. Polished the Firing Pin Block and Trigger return plunger. Clipped one coil off the trigger return spring. This was a reliable mod to my other LF Tanfoglios even though I'm anti spring clipping.

10363477_10205277521354168_7281351339473

11008530_10205277582995709_6902641473364

Edited by praetorian97

One trigger mod that I do now on all of mine that I don't see much on here (or I may just missed it) was rolling some real fine grit sandpaper and polishing the holes such as where the hammer pin goes in or trigger pin or the channel where the plunger goes down. I don't remove material but hitting all those spots just seem to make the action somewhat smoother albeit minimal. Just something I do when I got the pistol taken apart and while I am doing things anyways.

Left to Right
CGW Light FP Block Spring
Stock Tang STOCK III FP Block Spring
11136192_10205277453592474_7284451238418

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a CZ the FPB has to be raised to disengage, but on Tanfo's the FPB is actually lowered to disengage, right? Wouldn't that mean if anything you would want a stronger FPB spring not a weaker one?