Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Preference

Malarkey

I use the DAA thick grips with skate board tape covering them. I tried the CZC thin grips that came with the gun and I could not get enough of my support hand on the gun.

If you shoot well with the rubber grips and they provide adequate traction for you, I say stick with them. You will gain the ability to increase or reduce the grip size and add traction if needed if that is what you are looking for.

Edited by MRevolutionIX

I have smaller hands and the stock aluminum ones on my SP-01 accushadow didn't work well for me. I went with the lemon grater style. They provide decent grip and still allow me to reach the DA for first shot in production.

I have the CZ thin aluminum, DAA thick grips, factory plastic( filled with epoxy) and rubber grips. I like the thin grips the least as there is little room for my support hand (and the gun just feels small with these grips to me). I currently have the DAA thick grips of the gun and like them a lot. There is plenty of grip tape across the grip face, also they weigh a ton. I like the shape of the factory grips and they fit my hand great. But im typically in Florida or Arizona so sweaty hands become a concern very fast. Skate tape on the front and back strap no mater the grips.

What are your preferred SP-01 grips?

I have the factory rubber grips, and they are awesome. Trying to decide if it is worth it to pursue aluminum grips or not.

I have tried the thick aluminum grips, the thin aluminum grips, wooden grips, and the G10 grips. When all was said and done, the factory rubbers felt the best and added the most weight.

I have small ayshun hands with short thumbs and reaching the trigger in DA is not a problem. However I switched the mag release to the opposite side so I would not have to break my grip.

What are your preferred SP-01 grips?

I have the factory rubber grips, and they are awesome. Trying to decide if it is worth it to pursue aluminum grips or not.

I have tried the thick aluminum grips, the thin aluminum grips, wooden grips, and the G10 grips. When all was said and done, the factory rubbers felt the best and added the most weight.

I have small ayshun hands with short thumbs and reaching the trigger in DA is not a problem. However I switched the mag release to the opposite side so I would not have to break my grip.

Awesome, I like the way they feel right now. I like gathering information like this from people who have been there and tried that. This probably saved me $70 of trial and error.

• 3 weeks later...

My middle finger almost touches the heel of my heel with the CZC thin grips on an Sp-01. I can barely get my support hand on the grip because my strong hand is all over the place. I need to find something thicker for my gigantic man hands.

Don't discount the possibility of finding the best grips by mixing and matching. I use the stock rubber on strong hand side, and the thin lemon grater on weak hand side of grip.

That would make my ocd flare up something fierce.

I have medium hands with short fingers.

I like the CZ chequered aluminimum on my Shadow.

A friend has small hands with long fingers and she currently runs rubber on the strong side and chequered on the weak side.

She has tried a few combinations and is considering replacing the rubber with VZ (strong side only).

Using TS walnut grip panels for years, they are most def working for me.

I saw and 'felt' some very nice alum panels too but just cannot justify another $80 as I feel they are not worth that to me.

I have the thin cz aluminum grips and I like them, I don't think I like the feel of them quite as much as I like the feel of VZ grips, but they look too damn good. And I'm usually a function before form kinda of guy so that takes a lot.

I just purchased some Hogue checkered aluminum grips. They are thicker than most other aluminum grips and have aggressive texturing. I've enjoyed them thus far. My only complaint is, I wish they checkered the whole grip, not just the palm area.

I switched to OEM rubber grips and love them. The palm swell is more important than crazy checkering that will tear you up :surprise: If you like the rubber stick with it. Get's some liquid grip and/or strengths your grip if you are having problems with the gun sliding around.

I just purchased some Hogue checkered aluminum grips. They are thicker than most other aluminum grips and have aggressive texturing. I've enjoyed them thus far. My only complaint is, I wish they checkered the whole grip, not just the palm area.

Do you know if they are thicker than the Double Alpha thick grips?

Do you know if they are thicker than the Double Alpha thick grips?

I've never used the DAA, just CZ custom. I have small hands, but the grips fill perfectly.