Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Base Pads: Dawson Precision or Taran Tactical

soulbyte

With a RIA, you might want to consider finding a buddy or buddies that owns both and try them out before you make a decision. One brand might work a little better than the other but both will serve you well.

I like the taran pads, smaller profile feels better to me. Dawson's are a good product as well, just feel like a big ice cube in my hand, I don't like that.

Both come on and off easily, and will give you the extra capacity if that's what you are looking for

TTI and Grams pads will usually give one more round of capacity due to the bottom of the interior of the pad being beveled. Dawson's are milled straight along the bottom.

All are good quality pads though, my bias is towards Grams

I find the TTI pads work with shorter mags and magwells vs the Dawson pads. They both are EZ off pads. Dawson pads are a little heavier, so they might drop a little easier. I have both, but I'm only buying TTI pads when I order new mags, or buy cheaper new or used.

I have TTI's in my STI Mags and I like the slimmer profile. They are easy on easy off as well. However if you are running 9mm, you need a spacer to properly feed. It's a PITA sometimes to remove the base pads.