Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 limited gun

magpulled

I want to start shooting limited and want to do so with a 35. What mods have you made and what would you do different to make the ultimate 35.

I have never owned a glock and I'm unsure of what can be done to make them competitive. Are their any advantages to a gen 4 ?

Sights

Guide rod and spring (mainly so you can tune spring weight)

Basepads and magwell

Grip tape or stippling

Barrel if using lead bullets

Then there are the trigger mechanism parts but stock is workable.

There is also the slide stop and mag release, these are up to you based on your hand size and such.

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman

I'm unsure of what can be done to make them competitive.

If I recall there was a guy who ran a bone stock Glock 24 and did fairly well.

But seriously, what is your experience and back ground in USPSA and what is your budget. At a minimum I say you need to change out the sights and add some basepads. After that the sky is the limit as to what you can dump into a Glock.

Don't have anyone build it for you. You can do it yourself. If it's for Limited: a 3.5 lb connector , +5 base pads and a magwell will get you shooting. Then sights. Just get used to it and decide if you like it before dumping any more money into it. I would shoot a match with it bone stock just to get an idea of what a glock is all about.

If you are a B in production shooting a metal framed gun, then I personally wouldn't want to start shooting Limited with a Glock. I'd get a CZ Tactical Sport. You'd probably only spend a couple hundred more getting the TS ready.

I didn't see where he said anything about being a B class production shooter with a metal gun.....

If you are a B in production shooting a metal framed gun, then I personally wouldn't want to start shooting Limited with a Glock. I'd get a CZ Tactical Sport. You'd probably only spend a couple hundred more getting the TS ready.

You sir are a genius. I'm a B class production shooter with a Cz, lol

I should be up near 72% if my range will remember to send in our scores.

I gotta admit the zev glocks look phenomenal.

You sir are a genius. I'm a B class production shooter with a Cz, lol

I should be up near 72% if my range will remember to send in our scores.

I gotta admit the zev glocks look phenomenal.

Yeah.... borrow some ones Glock before you jump over to it. As a B you should know that the price of the gun is nothing in comparison to the rest of the game. I recommend you pony up now and get a TS instead. Same controls as what you are used too.

I'm certain many shooters could do just fine with a stock G35 for Limited. But, magpulled asked about mods to the G35. My personal favorite for slide Mods is ZEV and I am convinced their slide lightening makes a real difference in

split times. There may be better triggers for Glocks, and I look forward to shooting those.......

I know what most people pay for a G35 and when you add the other stuff you get real close to 1K. For another 500 bucks, you can get a super cool ZEV'd out pistol. Maybe I'm just a sucker for great machine work!!

I shoot a g35 in limited 10 and am a B class shooter with it. It's mostly aftermarket at this point. It has like 2 OEM parts left in it.

Coming from a steel frame gun I say shoot one before you invest in one.

Buy a used para or sti. You will be money ahead.

I believe it is a bit easier to shoot limited with a nice heavy, steel framed gun. The STI 2011, the CZ Tactical Sport, and the Tanfoglio Witnesses would be great choices.

I had a rough time shooting a G35 in limited. After a few months I went back to shooting production with my SP01 and I fared much better.

I want to start shooting limited and want to do so with a 35. What mods have you made and what would you do different to make the ultimate 35.

I have never owned a glock and I'm unsure of what can be done to make them competitive. Are their any advantages to a gen 4 ?

I'll still never get why people tell people to shoot something else when they say they want to shoot a certain gun, drives me mental! I, for one, love Glocks... And have been working with them and on them for years. Here's what I suggest:

Get a 35, I personally like the Gen3 better, I am just not a fan of the mag release on the Gen4.

Now, the first evolution should be simple drop in stuff and sights. On the list of 'must have' upgrades, barrel, sights, guide rod, connector, and magwell.

All of which are simple to install, and greatly

Improve performance over factory.

I would use ZEV parts as much as possible, they are competitive price-wise and very high quality.

And if you decide down the road you want to go off the deep end and buy one of their machines slides, they are gorgeous and work very well.

I personally am not a fan of their stippling. It is a bit sloppy and not as grippy as I like.

When you decide to do your frame reduction/ stippling, I suggest SSVI, BoreSight Solutions, Damato Custom Stippling, or Glock Prazision.

I feel that the grip is more important than the machining.

Anyway, sorry this got so long. Good luck, I'm always here if you have any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak for anyone else, but here is why I suggested going with a different gun.

Weight: It is much easier to shoot a heaver gun in major. you don't have to strap things to a 2011 to make it controllable.

Trigger: Stock 2011 parts can be tuned better than any Glock trigger you can buy. Its really not even close.

Common Sense: How many people go from Glock to 2011s in limited vs. how many go to 2011s to Glocks? There is a reason.

I have seen this play out too many times to suggest someone spend money on something they have a very large chance of regretting in a couple of months. If you have a G35 and want to buy a couple basepads and a spring kit and want to play in limited, that is one thing. But if you are going to spend serious money, why not spend it on what you are going to really want anyway.

The G35 stock is around 27-28 oz. Besides the "name your favorite trigger tuner" the most overlooked way to make the Glock shoot flatter is adding weight at the right places. I would start with an extended tungsten guide rod and balance it with 3 oz brass plug and 3 oz brass magwell. From there I would accurize with a KKM drop in barrel, it is plenty tight and takes always almost all hood to frame slop. Next get yourself a set of 13, 14 and 15 lb springs. Find the right load, I would black nitride the KKM for extra 10-15 fps speed, run 200 gr Ibejiheads at 1.135" oal, so you have a major load in the 170pf range that is very soft shooting. Reason is at this oal only 3.8gr N320 is needed...also Ibejiheads is fast. Then see if you like the 13 lb spring... If too snappy, move up a lb. The only better Glock is a 24.

Edited by Stician

Thanks to everyone for all the info. Looks like I really need to think about this before I dive in.

There is really no advantage using a Gen 4, grip frame is about the same for both Gen 3 and 4. Personally I disliked the 'clip on' grip backstrap, seemed like it was done as an afterthought.

Start your 35 (or 34) with just 3 items - polished 3.5 connector, a light striker spring, and a new set of sights from (Dawson fiber optic front and black target rear is highly recommended). You can always do something else with the barrel and different trigger unit after but don't put all your eggs in this basket yet.

Edited by PacMan

I'll still never get why people tell people to shoot something else when they say they want to shoot a certain gun, drives me mental!

Same here.

Start your 35 (or 34) with just 3 items - polished 3.5 connector, a light striker spring, and a new set of sights from (Dawson fiber optic front and black target rear is highly recommended). You can always do something else with the barrel and different trigger unit after but don't put all your eggs in this basket yet.

I agree these are the top three mods for shooting a Glock. They do all fall under production though. So except for loading your mags all the way, and maybe spring major, you are basically shooting production.

For shooting limited, I think you need at least one extended mag.

Just to make this even more confusing, If I were starting over with a glock, I'd buy a $350 police trade in G22, and put the put the Taylor Freelance barrel shroud on it with a new barrel that's ready for lead bullets. Then you'd be at $500, which is still cheaper than you're likely to find a G35. All the rest of the parts you're going to replace anyway.

Here is mine:

20150315_024934_zpsj0om4a8l.jpg

Warren Sevigny sights

TTI Grandmaster trigger kit

TTI 140mm extensions

15lb ISMI spring and rod

Zev magwell

Extended mag release

M3 tactical light frame weight

Only thing I'm missing is the G35!

• 2 weeks later...

new set up for this season's USPSA Limited Major.

Zev 35 upper assembly on a G35 lower. Trigger work by ACS with pre-travel taken out.

Can't belive in actually getting back into the 40S&W round, but it's not bad, since I'm rolling my own 40 rounds. Not as snappy as factory.

654039E4-6C60-4797-936F-287619B2D9D0_zps