Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Broom

Allan & Jan's Customs

I received the saddest of all possible news today. My very close friend, instructor, and travel companion Steve Broom has passed away today at age 32. Anyone involved in USPSA that knew Steve will surly feel a great loss. It happened at a range in Oklahoma this afternoon and we are still waiting on details of exactly what happened. I will greatly miss him.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to use the term "was" on a man I should not be utilizing that term for.

Steve was a great competitor and from my limited exposure to him a great man. In all honesty I looked forward to many battles with him over the next few years as he helped better me as a shooter.

I did not know him well, but I will miss him. I am simply astounded at his passing.

Thoughts and Prayers to his family

Jack

Took an IPSC class from him last summer, he was not only a very professional and knowledgeable instructor, but a great guy. Learned a lot. Didn't know him well, but enjoyed shooting with him. My condolences to his family.

To suggest misinformation makes me sick and mad but I got the news straight from his girlfriend who was my neighbor and close friend for 6 years. They recently moved to Pueblo, Co. in December and we have remained very close. She call me this past mid afternoon and was almost in coherent. James Broom had called her with the news and was on his way to Tulsa to take care of his brother. As I receive the funeral arrangements, I will post the info.

I am sorry to hear this, Steve came to Amarillo last year and taught a class to a bunch of us. He was super nice and really took the time in 110 degree heat to help us all out. He will be missed. His family is in our thoughts.

That is terrible news!

I met Steve at an after hours gathering at the last Nationals. I didn't know him very well but over the course of a few hours, he taught me the ultimate secret of dancing. It's hard to believe there are now only 3 people who will understand what I'm talking about.

Things like this just shouldn't happen.

Deepest Sympathies to all his family and friends.

Kevin

I had the pleasure of meeting Steve a few weeks ago at our range in Pueblo. He was an extremely nice guy and we chatted for awhile, even though he didn't know me and knew I was just a regular C class shooter he was truly interested in my shooting.

Since I am near Pueblo if there is anything I can do for his girlfriend or other family please let me know.

I became friends with Steve while we were both shooting IDPA - shooting in the pouring down rain with him at the Missouri State match a few years ago proved to me that not only was he a tremendous competitor, but a gentleman as well.

He will be missed.

I am Shocked, very upset, Steve had just e-mailed me on the 13th about our upcoming match and his plans for a new range in tulsa, here is what he wrote "This range will be the best, period.  I finally get to focus and carry out my goals for competition shooting as a result of this project and our funding." I am so sad. I can harldy type these words.

Steve had given a class at our range and I can not put into words how helpful, caring and knowlegeable Steve was. I can not belive this has happened. He was so excited about his range and Our upcoming match. We will be dedicating this match to him. Gods Speed Steve!

Robert Porter

Respect is not given freely, it must be earned.

Whether on the range or just spending time with others,

Steve worked tirelessly to gain the respect of

his family, friends, students, and fellow competitors.

Everyone during their life encounters obstacles and adversity.

It is how we overcome them that determines what kind of person

we truly are. In this Steve was a Grandmaster in life as he never

stopped working to follow his true passion of becoming the best

shooter and best person possible and helping all those he encountered

along the way to similarly pursue their dreams and aspirations.

He will be missed by all.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Just yesterday I was watching and analyzing those incredible videos of Steve, where he performs IDPA reloads, plate rack and a Mozambique. I watched them several times, over and over to try to learn from his movements and adapt his technique to me.

I know this sounds real small and intangible to his family and friends, and I mean no disrespect, I just wrote this just so you know that Steve had reached the lives of people from all over the world and inspired them to become better at shooting sports.

May he rest in peace.

Omar L. D'Addona