Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Broom

Allan & Jan's Customs

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to know Steve alot better at the IDPA Nats last year. He and Kevin joined my group of friends each night for dinner and conversation. Steve was a great guy and an excellent shooter. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He left us way too young.

Keep your powder dry up there Steve. I will miss you.

Dave

What a shock! As the song goes, "Only the good die young". Steve was the best. Not just his talents but his personality was was also the best. I hope it helps the family to know that so many thought so much of Steve. God bless Steve and God bless Steve's family.

Ken Martin

I knew Steve for years and had the pleasure of his companionship. He was truly one of few genuinely nice and caring guys. The miles kept us apart physically but he made a true impression with his passion for shooting and his love for helping others. He's always been in my heart and I'm truly sad for not have been able to see him so long before his passing. He will be missed by all....

To my dear friend, who gave me an inspiration pep talk during last years shoot-offs. You always knew how to bring out the best in people. That was just one of your gifts you brought to the sport. This is so tragic. I will miss you dearly my friend. My deepest condolences goes out to the family and girlfriend.

RonF

Just a few weeks ago, I looked up Steve's score on a stage I watched him shoot at the 2005 USPSA Nationals. I never really got a chance to meet him, but I did get to tell him "nice run" on the fantastic shooting that he did on that big stage...which likely won him the National Championship in Limited 10.

We have lost a great shooter and a great Champion...others have lost much more. But, I think we all have won by having had the chance to have Steve Broom touch our lives. My thought are with his loved ones.

Nice run, Steve.

A few years ago I met Steve through a mutual friend of ours. We never competed together face to face but I did work with him to get his equipment to his liking. He was like many great shooters that could shoot anything very well and just couldn't get enough of it. He has done so much for me through the years, I hope he knew how much I appreciated it. He will be missed by everyone.

I brought Steve out a few years ago to teach an IDPA class. He was a GREAT instructor, and an even nicer guy. We emailed each other several times and he was always quick to answer a question or offer a piece of advice. I had recenlty talked to him about getting together for another lesson.... He will be missed. My best wishes to those close to him. It is a tragic loss.

Nick-

Got to shoot with Steve at his range in Kansas a little more than two years ago. Had heard about his superior ability and drove almost 3 hours from Fort Leavenworth so I could meet him. Managed to get squadded with Steve that day so I could "watch and learn". He was the perfect host on that cold Kansas Day, offering advice and friendship to a guy he had just met that morning.

Though I met him only once, I was struck by his genuine love of shooting and life. He will be truly missed.

• 3 months later...

This week I saw Jim Scouten's interview with Steve, and Steve shooting a few stages at the Nationals last year. Scouten followed up with a brief story of Steve's passing. This was on Shooting USA for those of you who may want to see it, it was the episode about the 2004 USPSA Nationals. I did not know Steve, though we had mutual acquaintances, and he seemed like a class act all the way.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to post about a conversation I had with Steve Broom shortly before he passed. He was very excited to be shooting in the upcoming World Shoot that is now going on, so while we enjoy hearing about how all our favorite shooters are doing keep in mind there is one man who earned a spot and was never able to go.

While I had never met Steve...I feel that we share a certain bond. Steve and I share the same birthday...Steve and I both shoot Limited 10 (actually it's all I shoot), Steve and I have the same professional background (computer engineering)...both our last names have 5 letters. Its really kinda ironic.

I started following Steve's progress as he started climbing the ladder in L10....I wish I could have met him.

• 1 month later...
While I had never met Steve...I feel that we share a certain bond.  Steve and I share the same birthday...Steve and I both shoot Limited 10 (actually it's all I shoot), Steve and I have the same professional background (computer engineering)...both our last names have 5 letters.  Its really kinda ironic. 

I started following Steve's progress as he started climbing the ladder in L10....I wish I could have met him.

Steve was my instructor, mentor and above all my. best friend. I August of 2004 Steve, his brother James and I sat down and panned a new open pistol we were collectively going to build and Steve would use to pursue his Grand Master classification in the open class. The pistol is finished and has been dedicated to his memory. I thought those who Knew Steve would like to have a look at the finished product. I am undecided as to keep it or sell it.

Edited by Allan & Jan's Customs