Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which gun(s) rule CCP?

bigdawgbeav

I would think the P01 would be the gamer gun du jour. I do like the idea of a RO Champ though... tasty! Skateboard tape on the front strap, new MSH/MS and assuming the sear spring is good to go, off to the races!

Something like this: (only in 9mm)

2015-05-12%2005.14.56.jpg

S&A Magwell

Magpul grips

Wilson Combat 1911 Auto Checkered Front Strap

(http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frame-hardware/front-straps/1911-auto-checkered-front-strap-prod16409.aspx)

That's Perty :surprise:

How do you like the Magwell?

I have used a Dawson for so long that anything less feels tiny. Dawson is too big for the box though.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think the P01 would be the gamer gun du jour. I do like the idea of a RO Champ though... tasty! Skateboard tape on the front strap, new MSH/MS and assuming the sear spring is good to go, off to the races!

Something like this: (only in 9mm)

2015-05-12%2005.14.56.jpg

S&A Magwell

Magpul grips

Wilson Combat 1911 Auto Checkered Front Strap

(http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frame-hardware/front-straps/1911-auto-checkered-front-strap-prod16409.aspx)

That's Perty :surprise:

How do you like the Magwell?

I have used a Dawson for so long that anything less feels tiny. Dawson is too big for the box though.

I've had an S&A magwell on my other 1911. it's no wider than grips but still functions like any other magwell.. Plus I like that it's 1 piece, so no wiggle if a set screw comes loose like with other ones.

Just ran 300+ rounds down the pipe and damn near flawless. Had 1 FTE on the last round in a mag and a couple of FTFeeds... but it's still new. Saving up for the 9mm version for CCP.

My only complaint is the front sight it too wide. Need to change that to a .100 from Dawson. And for competition might switch rear to a fully adjustable. After that, drop in a Cylinder and Slide 3.5lb trigger kit and off to the races.

Interesting side note: the slide is cut for a bushing. So I imagine you could remove the bull and put in a bushing barrel and standard guide rod and plug. Of course it would need to be a fully ramped barrel...

Edited by bigdawgbeav

Just for kicks, I'm going to download my STI VIP 45 to about 130 pf and give CCP a shot. Luckily all of my Eagle holsters will work so hopefully an $8 spring and a new load are all I need.

Be sure to use a nice bulky powder. If you drop the speed that low you could get to a point where the low powder charge could result in a large boom. Imagine the primer lighting and causing 2 ignition points inside the case. 2 flame fronts, or pressure waves, slamming together in the case will cause an amplification, pressure spike, and very easily rupture a case.

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I took a caliper to my CZ 75 Compact. it's 1.35 at the thickest, just shy of the 1.375 requirement...barely. Granted that's with wood grips and not the stock plastic ones so YMMV.

Just an update, I took a caliper to my CZ 75 Compact. it's 1.35 at the thickest, just shy of the 1.375 requirement...barely. Granted that's with wood grips and not the stock plastic ones so YMMV.

My CZ 75 compact (single side safety) with VZ grips is well under 1.3 everywhere. With the factory grips, it was just a smidge over 1.3

Edited by jsg

Just for kicks, I'm going to download my STI VIP 45 to about 130 pf and give CCP a shot. Luckily all of my Eagle holsters will work so hopefully an $8 spring and a new load are all I need.

Be sure to use a nice bulky powder. If you drop the speed that low you could get to a point where the low powder charge could result in a large boom. Imagine the primer lighting and causing 2 ignition points inside the case. 2 flame fronts, or pressure waves, slamming together in the case will cause an amplification, pressure spike, and very easily rupture a case.

Sounds like a job for Trail Boss powder. According to Hodgdon's load data site 180gr & 200gr can be loaded to 130PF with Trail Boss.

Edited by GForceLizard

I know a lot of folks are trying to come up with 'gamer guns' for this CCP division, but I figure it's a great place to shoot what you carry to gain some serious practice, and I'm not sure it's really going to hurt you.

I shot a 105 CCP Classifier yesterday with the gun I carry daily -- S&W M&P 9c with Advantage Tactical sights. That's not too far off from what I do with my SSP/ESP M&P 9mm. I made SSP MA with that gun a while back with a 93 (that's when SSP MA was somewhere around 98... not sure I could make MA today at 91).... and know I can't make ESP MA at 89.... "Distinguished Senior" has some disadvantages.

Why not trot out what you wear daily and have some fun with it? I lot of folks shoot a big gun in matches and carry a little gun in Real Life. What's not to love about a division that lets you shoot your carry gun?

I am with you

I know a lot of folks are trying to come up with 'gamer guns' for this CCP division, but I figure it's a great place to shoot what you carry to gain some serious practice, and I'm not sure it's really going to hurt you.

I shot a 105 CCP Classifier yesterday with the gun I carry daily -- S&W M&P 9c with Advantage Tactical sights. That's not too far off from what I do with my SSP/ESP M&P 9mm. I made SSP MA with that gun a while back with a 93 (that's when SSP MA was somewhere around 98... not sure I could make MA today at 91).... and know I can't make ESP MA at 89.... "Distinguished Senior" has some disadvantages.

Why not trot out what you wear daily and have some fun with it? I lot of folks shoot a big gun in matches and carry a little gun in Real Life. What's not to love about a division that lets you shoot your carry gun?

I am with you

I agree as well, Of course, i also game what carry to get the most capacity ;) ... the P1 I'll be using is my carry gun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My CZ 75 compact (single side safety) with VZ grips is well under 1.3 everywhere. With the factory grips, it was just a smidge over 1.3

Slide stop to the little pin protruding on the other side of the frame is the widest part and that's where the measurement came from. Other than that, you're right, it's much skinnier.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

input requested - 1911s (single stack) in .45 with full size grips (eg 8+1) that conform to CCP?

springfield RO champ

didn't see anything at dan wesson

sti seems to be 4.15 - 4.25"

sig was 4.25

wilson has some 4.0

what else, recommendations please, thanks

• 1 month later...

The P7M8 and its big brother the M13 have a 4.13" barrel. I already looked lol. It's a great carry gun perfect for CCP.

The 4.10" length seems to eliminate a lot of other guns and Especially 2011/1911's. Wilson Combat's 4" 1911's are actually 4.0" and Glock's 4.09".....seems like a 4.15" length would have allowed a lot more variety of gun makers in this new division.

Dear STI, Please start making your 4.15" guns 4.10". Thank You Tacblack!

Edited by Tacblack

I'm running my Sig P320 Carry in CCP.... I shoot it every bit as well as I shoot my full size 320's so I'm going to give it a try this year... Plus this is the gun I carry so there's that aspect of it as well.....

XD 4" for me. Very accurate guns.

My 4" is a tack driver, my 5" xd is not though.

Anyway, 4" XD with Sevengy sight set from Dawson precision & a bit of trigger work is a good CCP option for me.

Edited by IHAVEGAS