Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which gun(s) rule CCP?

bigdawgbeav

Is there any reason the STI Tactical Lite 4.0 wouldn't work minus the tactical magwell and recrown the 4.15" barrel? Is the magazine limit 8 or 10 for CCP?

8 rd mag limit, You can recut/recrown the barrel shorter. Also check the width at the safeties. Might be a little too fat.

Shot CCP with a G19 last month at the Florida State match. The gun did well. Going to try a M&P with the barrel cut to 4.1 for little bit and see if I can run it better than the 19.

Edited by dee loo

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking a cz compact with safety. Or if you can find a p02 or compact L. With all the upgrades legal in ESP you can have a pretty nice cocked and locked handgun, only issue is will it fit in the box widthwise, the cz website lists it as 1.380, where the limit is 1.375.

Edited by ultimase

Going to try a M&P with the barrel cut to 4.1 for little bit and see if I can run it better than the 19.

Is this legal in CCP?

The first time I heard of the new CCP division, I thought I would cut back my full size M&P barrel also, but after measuring the amout of the barrel that sticks out from the front of the slide, by the time it got to the proper length, the end of the barrel would be sitting inside the end of the slide, although not by much. I have been wondering if it would hurt anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think the P01 would be the gamer gun du jour. I do like the idea of a RO Champ though... tasty! Skateboard tape on the front strap, new MSH/MS and assuming the sear spring is good to go, off to the races!

Was thinking a cz compact with safety. Or if you can find a p02 or compact L. With all the upgrades legal in ESP you can have a pretty nice cocked and locked handgun, only issue is will it fit in the box widthwise, the cz website lists it as 1.380, where the limit is 1.375.

I was thinking of the all steel manual safety compact as well. I was planning on using the Canik Stingray but the ambi safeties are way too wide.

I was thinking of the all steel manual safety compact as well. I was planning on using the Canik Stingray but the ambi safeties are way too wide.

Nothing a few beers and a dremel can't fix. ;)

Going to try a M&P with the barrel cut to 4.1 for little bit and see if I can run it better than the 19.

Is this legal in CCP?

The first time I heard of the new CCP division, I thought I would cut back my full size M&P barrel also, but after measuring the amout of the barrel that sticks out from the front of the slide, by the time it got to the proper length, the end of the barrel would be sitting inside the end of the slide, although not by much. I have been wondering if it would hurt anything.

I spoke to our area director about it and his contacts said it was okay to cut a barrel in ESP/CCP to non factory length. I'll double check. Attached are a few pictures, sorry about the camera phone quality, but it gives you an idea, I shot it last week with a couple hundred rounds. It was reliable and accuracy was about the same in careful off hand group shooting at 20 yards, about 4 inches, it is a first gen barrel with plated 147's.

post-14306-0-88909000-1429740608_thumb.j

post-14306-0-32462800-1429740678_thumb.j

If it's not listed under permitted modifications, it is illegal. Since shortening a barrel is not listed, it is illegal.

Thankfully I found that out before spending money on having my 3.9" Guardian reduced to 3.8" to make last year's BUG length.

I'm going to double check, I was concerned about that. If not it was a good experiment and I have a latest generation barrel to go in that gun. I couldn't find any written rules on this.

Is this legal in CCP?

I spoke to our area director about it and his contacts said it was okay to cut a barrel in ESP/CCP to non factory length. I'll double check. Attached are a few pictures, sorry about the camera phone quality, but it gives you an idea, I shot it last week with a couple hundred rounds. It was reliable and accuracy was about the same in careful off hand group shooting at 20 yards, about 4 inches, it is a first gen barrel with plated 147's.

Let me know how it shoots?

I am interested in this mod as well. If it is indeed legal I can see myself shooting CCP a lot. I need to order a 2nd gen barrel anyway so perhaps I will cut down the original barrel. Did you cut it at exactly 4.10"?

Edited by hlpressley

I am interested in this mod as well. If it is indeed legal I can see myself shooting CCP a lot. I need to order a 2nd gen barrel anyway so perhaps I will cut down the original barrel. Did you cut it at exactly 4.10"?

Cut the barrel to 4.09

• 2 weeks later...

I clasified today in CCP with my carry weapon, a Ruger SR9c. I have to work on the trigger and I couldn't get the mags to drop. That silly extended mag kept sticking to my hand. A shooter in my squad had a HK VP9 for CCP and it was really sweet! We all shot it after the match and I couldn't believe how accurate it was and how nice the trigger was. Pretty pricey...7 bills with tridium sights and three mags. 6 bills with standard sights and two mags. Denny

Edited by Denny4

I clasified today in CCP with my carry weapon, a Ruger SR9c. I have to work on the trigger and I couldn't get the mags to drop. That silly extended mag kept sticking to my hand. A shooter in my squad had a HK VP9 for CCP and it was really sweet! We all shot it after the match and I couldn't believe how accurate it was and how nice the trigger was. Pretty pricey...7 bills with tridium sights and three mags. 6 bills with standard sights and two mags. Denny

Keep looking around. You can find a deal on them for less than that.

Keep looking around. You can find a deal on them for less than that.

Agreed.. under 6 Bens shouldn't be hard to find.

I'm all for gaming... go for it. Me personally, I'm not going to spend another cent trying to game up IDPA (I may eat those words later).

I feel the same way. After both of my CZs were declared illegal for IDPA, I said I'd never buy another gun for this game. But as luck would have it, the custom CZ P01 that I got to carry will work in this division. So that's what I'll shoot. I don't expect to be competitive with our top shooters using their ESP and SSP guns. But I'll still have fun.

SPO1 Acu Shadow eh? ;)

I wanted to use my Canik Stingray but they have this lame ass width maximum that causes issues for double stacked pistols with ambi safeties. Seriously, its like they only wanted Glock 19's and 1911Commanders with single sided safeties to compete.

I just picked up a VP9 a couple weeks back via trade. Great ergos, accurate, soft shooting and fits the box. It may not upset the striker fired world but I love my HK's so it's a keeper.

I would think the P01 would be the gamer gun du jour. I do like the idea of a RO Champ though... tasty! Skateboard tape on the front strap, new MSH/MS and assuming the sear spring is good to go, off to the races!

Something like this: (only in 9mm)

2015-05-12%2005.14.56.jpg

S&A Magwell

Magpul grips

Wilson Combat 1911 Auto Checkered Front Strap

(http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frame-hardware/front-straps/1911-auto-checkered-front-strap-prod16409.aspx)

Edited by bigdawgbeav