Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which gun(s) rule CCP?

bigdawgbeav

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4ED46B25-A1EC-4A02-9333-501930D7B35A.jpg

My thoughts exactly... I don't shoot as much IDPA anymore, but when I do this year I'm going to shoot my actual carry gun, a CZ 75 compact, in CCP. So far it seems like it would be a great set up for IDPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly... I don't shoot as much IDPA anymore, but when I do this year I'm going to shoot my actual carry gun, a CZ 75 compact, in CCP. So far it seems like it would be a great set up for IDPA.

I've got the CZ compact and the XD. Seems like the XD sight radius makes things a whole lot easier for me personally (about + 1" over the CZ). A different rear sight on the CZ might cut the XD advantage down by half though. As is it is really hard for me to shoot down zeros on something like stage 3 of the classifier with the CZ but with the XD it doesn't seem any harder than with my ssp gun.

post-43685-0-02644000-1456956265_thumb.j

I've got the CZ compact and the XD. Seems like the XD sight radius makes things a whole lot easier for me personally (about + 1" over the CZ). A different rear sight on the CZ might cut the XD advantage down by half though. As is it is really hard for me to shoot down zeros on something like stage 3 of the classifier with the CZ but with the XD it doesn't seem any harder than with my ssp gun.

attachicon.gifsightlength.jpg

Ya I can see how that extra inch could make a big difference. I'm currently waiting on a delivery of a new sight set from CZC, went with the h-tac black rear and fiber front that hopefully makes it a little better. The factory sights are NOT great. Other than that I really like the ergos of the CZ and hopefully that translates to a decent performer. Time will tell

There isn't a best bet in this size range, whatever you are comfortable with in its compact form. For me, it's my CZ compact. 16c0c31e57378c0e025e6fe797daeeea.jpg

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

Ya I can see how that extra inch could make a big difference. I'm currently waiting on a delivery of a new sight set from CZC, went with the h-tac black rear and fiber front that hopefully makes it a little better. The factory sights are NOT great. Other than that I really like the ergos of the CZ and hopefully that translates to a decent performer. Time will tell

Hmmm, if you like how things work out and you don't mind I'd like to take a peak at it one of these days. (Clicked on your U-Tube, we both shoot at SCGC).

Hmmm, if you like how things work out and you don't mind I'd like to take a peak at it one of these days. (Clicked on your U-Tube, we both shoot at SCGC).

Absolutely.

attachicon.gifsightlength.jpg

283fd68931905e6312668529faead111.jpg

Added my newly acquired sights to the cz compact. I now believe this will be a great option for CCP. HUGE improvement over stock sights.

Nice! Did you have to drill the front sight? The Dawson FO front does not require drilling. I'm not familiar with the CZC sights.

Yes I bought the drill bit when I got the sights (an extra $3 or something close) and drilling the sight was very easy. Much easier than hammering out the old rear sight!!

Nice! Did you have to drill the front sight? The Dawson FO front does not require drilling. I'm not familiar with the CZC sights.

Yes I bought the drill bit when I got the sights (an extra $3 or something close) and drilling the sight was very easy. Much easier than hammering out the old rear sight!!

If anyone obsess's about these things (I do) they can spin the bit and dull the side of the bit with a stone before using.

Screwed up, thought the competition sight was the one I looked at on your gun & ordered accordingly (swine memory). I suspect it will suit me just fine though.

If anyone obsess's about these things (I do) they can spin the bit and dull the side of the bit with a stone before using.

Screwed up, thought the competition sight was the one I looked at on your gun & ordered accordingly (swine memory). I suspect it will suit me just fine though.

Only difference is the squared corners correct? Still a big upgrade over stock!

Edited by shooterDrew

Only difference is the squared corners correct?

I think that is right. Anxious to get it installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I was really looking at CZ for a CCP gun. My train of thought was to try and keep as few platforms in my stable as possible.

CZ guns for SSP and CCP. 2011s for ESP and CDP. And maybe a M&P 9C for BUG. Well, that went to hell when I bought a gun on impulse... :blush:

Introducing my new CCP gun......

The STI Costa VIP 4.0

acd66201-7efd-4e6c-b825-c788e880c890.jpg

I was really looking at CZ for a CCP gun. My train of thought was to try and keep as few platforms in my stable as possible.

CZ guns for SSP and CCP. 2011s for ESP and CDP. And maybe a M&P 9C for BUG. Well, that went to hell when I bought a gun on impulse... :blush:

Introducing my new CCP gun......

The STI Costa VIP 4.0

acd66201-7efd-4e6c-b825-c788e880c890.jpg

Does it have a steel or alloy frame?

I think the new 2011 Guardian would make a bada$$ CCP gun, just hard to drop a couple grand on another 2011.