mbx magazines

fitz

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke to the folks at Wolf they said that we can only get their springs for MBX, from MBX. Now that was before the fine folks at TTi stepped up with a resolution to my issues. So thank you TTi for your gracious help. I will gladly return the favor with my next order. Cheers.

Edited by a matt

My mags ran perfect this weekend! No problems at all and hold 22 and 28 9mm easily.

But they are STI tubes with grams guts.

Dependability is the most important thing when dealing with magazines. I have the same setup and they run perfect.

I find it funny that he told several of us that there were no new options for springs or followers, but now "heavy duty" springs and followers are available on the MBX website. I'll stick with the TTI guts

I would like a refund on the extra springs I bought when I ordered my original mags. They are nothing now but something hanging on the wall to look like I have more crap than I need.

Ohhhh wait, those are the new EXTREME DUTY springs, holy cow, I think I just heard the angels sing, oh.... sorry..... no, that was me farting.

Edited by slinginlead

It would be nice to hear from Adrian. Just give us a heads up, new springs and followers are here maybe coming or they are what they are? thanks

I sent you a PM...he didn't get it so get with me and we'll get this straighten out...

I am having a new open gun built and it will be ready in a few months and my gunsmith recommended these mags. After reading through this thread I was understandably skeptical. So instead of buying five of these mags when my gun is ready I just bought one now to run in my current open gun. Just got it last week and so far so good. I am able to fit 24 9mm right off the bat. Only ran about 200 rounds but flawless none the less. I will be running it this weekend at the Ohio Buckeye Blast match. I will post an update after the match.

I am having a new open gun built and it will be ready in a few months and my gunsmith recommended these mags. After reading through this thread I was understandably skeptical. So instead of buying five of these mags when my gun is ready I just bought one now to run in my current open gun. Just got it last week and so far so good. I am able to fit 24 9mm right off the bat. Only ran about 200 rounds but flawless none the less. I will be running it this weekend at the Ohio Buckeye Blast match. I will post an update after the match.

What does your follower look like? (Flat or stepped?)

If by stepped you mean textured then yes. Please clarify if that is not what you mean.

Mine run great and I load them to 30 every time. I am however about 3 months in and I change my 170 springs every quarter anyway, so I am getting the new version springs and new followers, but am keeping the old ones for backup. Love the mags and every time I email Adrian, I get a response pretty quickly.

I have 3 170's 9mm none of which run. I have tried Gram's guts with no luck. Those running TTi springs and followers did you have to modify anything? My 4 9mm 140's are not running either. My .40 mags I have running reliably with Gram's guts. Any insight to get the 9mm's working? TTi springs and followers?

If by stepped you mean textured then yes. Please clarify if that is not what you mean.

No, there is literally a step, I'll get a pic up soon on it...

I have 3 170's 9mm none of which run. I have tried Gram's guts with no luck. Those running TTi springs and followers did you have to modify anything? My 4 9mm 140's are not running either. My .40 mags I have running reliably with Gram's guts. Any insight to get the 9mm's working? TTi springs and followers?

Have you contacted MBX (Adrian) yet? I'm sure he'll take care of you.

No, there is literally a step, I'll get a pic up soon on it...

I looked at it last night and I do not believe it is stepped. It is steeply angled but noting like any other 2011 mags that I have or have seen. Most seem to have a step. I will try to snap a picture as well.

Here is a pic of it (these are the newer ones, if you have problems with the old one, contact MBX):

Mine is not stepped like that at all. I am shooting another practice session tonight. It continues to run well, however, I cannot help but be skeptical. ;)