Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 years later still no powder

theslasher

I do get irked when I see someone selling an 8# or rifle powder for $200...and then go elsewhere.

I ordered two 8 pound kegs of XMR 4064 online from Grafs... $200 an 8 pound keg is the normal price... Midway had them for 183...but they weren't in stock. Factor in hazmat... I don't see where $200 an 8 pound keg local is any more expensive than 200 online. At least you get in then and there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't let anyone call you a hoarder because you buy in bulk for competition shooting:)

yep had this happen when I was trying to buy the last 3 pounds of Longshot at a gunstore. The guy at the counter said "is this all we had on the shelf" to which I replied "yes". He the proceeded to tell me I couldn't buy it all which I thought was ridiculous so I ended up with 2 of the 3......

IMG_2129.jpg

This was a couple of weeks ago @ the LGS in Clinton Township Mi. they have since gotten another couple of deliveries. and was pricing and putting it out on the shelf when I was there last time. that price is about what the current 8 pounders are selling for. for some brands, it varies from $189.00 to $215.00 depending on the flavor you want. It still is below what they are charging at the local gun show each month.

He had some Clays and titegroup just coming out of the boxes. The variety seems to be expanding.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently I just missed all of the recent titegroup availability :(

What are you guys using to monitor the sites for when stuff becomes available?

Luckily I scored a few pounds of Titegroup and Win 231 locally.

However, I have not seen any Hogdon Clays or SOLO 1000 in years ...

I have 8# of Titegroup and 8# of W231 on backorder with Midsouth since January 1, 2014. So that is 15 months now.

No matter, I have plenty of pistol powder and today added to my stock by bringing home 2# Clays (i now have 6# total new manufacturer) and 4# of HP-38.

I ordered 8# jugs of Titegroup and W231 from Gamaliel mid November 2014. I received email last Monday that the TG I ordered was in. I called to confirm and it actually was ! The 231 wasnt though.

It was $129/jug so that's up about $5-8 from earlier 2014 prices. This new stash plus what I had before will last a couple of yrs.

• 1 year later...

The only place that I see Alliant powders at a decent price is Wideners. I got some Clay Dot and American Select from them several months ago and they seem to always have some of the harder to find Alliant powders in stock. I don't know about 2400 or Unique, though, as those aren't Alliant powders I look for but it would be worth getting on Wideners specials email list that goes out weekly if you are looking for those.