Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

END of the STI GM ?

mickd1

Hi all

I've been told the GM will no longer be available soon and that STI will be bringing out a new open gun to replace it,i was also told the new one will be at the gun show soon,any one know more about this?

thanks mick

I also read they are consolidating their product offerings and getting rid of some models, like the Spartan. I read it on the internet so it must be true! :)

SHOT is right around the corner, we'll find out soon enough!

• 2 weeks later...

Who all is getting one?

I got a frame for a new build (still don't know if it'll be an open or limited pistol) but these are very tempting. It would definitely be the open pistol as I like a 6" limited.

I got my brand new Grandmaster day before yesterday. Honestly, I didn't expect it to be as awesome as it is. It looks so plain, and you read 3.5 pound trigger, no fancy ports, you think its not going to be all that great. Dude the gun runs flat.

The slide to frame fit is as tight and smooth as my SVI, which I didn't expect at all. I didn't put it on a scale but the trigger feels like an honest clean 2.5 pounder, even though spec says its 3.5. The travel is short, and clean break with no overtravel. Its good enough I can slap it and not pull shots. The gun literally ran right out of the box, no lube, no running, no nothing, it ran 100 rounds of 38 super comp I had loaded without a single hiccup. Seriously... NO lube, right out of the box.... Came with a factory 25 yard group, all holes touching. The gun was already sighted in. I was thinking man, I'm going to have to get a slide racker on it, change the mount, and do some major updating... Maybe later, the gun runs, and runs good, all that other stuff just kinda seems negligibly important now...

I can see how aesthetically its reached its obsolescence. I seriously want one of the new DVC's, but I totally underestimated the Grandmaster. Now I'm actually sad to see it go, but darn glad I got one.

post-26153-0-85453500-1422634733_thumb.j

Honestly thats my feeling with the Trubor. It has been great out of the box. I messed with the extractor to run supercomp and paid the price, took me a bit to get it sorted out again but its been virtually trouble free since. I have tweaked a couple minor things on it now, the trigger needed work and I swapped the beavertail out for an Ed Brown. It could use a racker but it runs so flat and after 5000 rounds has only slightly loosened up. Its very accurate and easy to shoot. I don't want to mess with it! The GM to me was just a dressed up Trubor, but the new DVC model is a different story. That being said I would buy another Trubor in a second, for the price its hard to beat and my open guns are tools to me, I don't really care what they look like as long as they run.

Ditto on my Trubor! I changed the mount to a sideways because it indexes better for me, and I put in an Aftec. Everything else is stock. I remember the first time I zeroed it. I fired 5 shots at 25 yards. As I started walking towards the target, I got mad because I only saw one hole. Then when I got closer I realized all 5 rounds were in that one ragged hole.

It doesn't have the looks of a custom but it runs like all hell and I love it.