Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Ohio CCGunworks Buckeye Blast

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I'll just hook up the bianchi mover at my club..... Oh wait there isn't one. Lol. I don't mind the mover as much as the memory stage.

Edited by steel1212

Yeah I'll just hook up the bianchi mover at my club..... Oh wait there isn't one. Lol. I don't mind the mover as much as the memory stage.

I would rather shoot the mover all day over a memory stage. they make my brain hurt :)

I would rather shoot the mover all day over a memory stage. they make my brain hurt :)

Think of it as a "position" stage instead of a "memory" stage. It might be easier to know what positions you need to be in rather than remember which targets you shot.

It's not that hard to shoot this mover. It doesn't move nearly as fast as a swinger. Virtually no lead is required. Once we set it up we may find we don't even need the NS on there.

Well, that may be true for an Open gun at 1450 fps, but with Production at 884 fps (9mm, 147 grain) a target 20 yds away and moving at 10 fps will travel 8" during the bullet's flight, which is wider than the entire A zone. At 10 yds away it's 4", so some lead is still needed for the 5.9" wide A zone. At 180 grain Major velocities the movement is still 7.7 " at 20 yds.

That's assuming these particular parameters, but I recall neglecting to do the calcs last year and shooting behind the target every time - mainly because after the first shot I forgot to lead it at all, never having shot a mover. (Practicing the simulated mover on Matt Burkette's website helps; we'll see how much in three weeks!)

Granted you'll give up time but you can also just shoot it when it comes to rest through the opening in the port. It is not a requirement to shoot it on the move while going down hill on the pulley.

Granted you'll give up time but you can also just shoot it when it comes to rest through the opening in the port. It is not a requirement to shoot it on the move while going down hill on the pulley.

Yep, you'll give up considerable time moving to the downrange left corner of the stage for the sole purpose of shooting the mover (now called a "sitter") through the port. Be a sport and shoot it while it's moving!

What are the odds we could get a aerial view of the memory stage like the stage with a mover? Ha

I'm curious if it will be snow fence or solid walls.

Yep, you'll give up considerable time moving to the downrange left corner of the stage for the sole purpose of shooting the mover (now called a "sitter") through the port. Be a sport and shoot it while it's moving!

Or you could run sideways while shooting it... it would be like it's standing still.

Agreed....
Agree as well. Hopefully it will have some distinction between targets unlike the one a couple years ago

Hello all,

We are finalizing most of the items for the match.

Saturday and Sunday are full, spots still available for Friday.

Gates will be open each day by 7:15, shooters meeting on Saturday and Sunday at 8am and shooting by 8:30 each day.

Invites have been sent to foreign competitors. If you didn't receive one and should have, let me know.

We are also roughing up Sarge's Peyer Pan cable to make it slowwwwww this year!!

See you all in a couple weeks.

Mads