Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Ohio CCGunworks Buckeye Blast

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks, this Sunday is the last day to order shirts with a match delivery date. They are Techwear, proof is posted in a previous post, cost is $45 and they are available S to 3XL.

Here is the link to order and follow the links at the end for payment. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vSDMAOIMjizfEAZlRrk2Kc_HZl-60Pok7fxnieWe2VM/viewform?c=0&w=1

Ok....so I need 400 rounds. Lol

Dave, buddy, I am just happy to have your excellence working and shooting again this year. You could shoot a 1,000 rounds at the match and still have a great time man. And, every time I shoot with you get better. But, Sarge has a pretty good looking stage this year so you may want to being 500 rounds!!!!!!

Hello all,

Here is the update on the squads the registrations at this point.

Plaques are ordered, shirts are ordered and on the way.

For match prizes, we will have seven Springfield Guns, three Glocks and a Cheely Custom Gunworks limited gun.

We have some great glasses from Rudy, we have a great assortment from Cerakote, we have bullet certs from Blue Bullets, we have certs for Top Shot Ammo, Vogel has issued some training certs, Springfield Top Gun program has hooked us up with the guns, Nowlin Arms is in for product, Kames Sports has sent some great stuff from their store including some nice laser grips and a great set of Nikon Binoculars, Scheumann sent some barrels, Caspian has provided some frames and slides.

We have barrels, we have slides, we have frames, we have parts, we have ammo, we swag, we bags and we have much more!!

We will be raffling off a single stack set up in 45ACP. We will have a Springfield Range officer, holster, 4 mag pouches and 7 magazines. Just provide your own belt, a little ammo and you are ready to shoot single stack. Tickets will be $10/each or 3 for $20. We are only selling 240 tickets for the raffle. Tickets will be available starting Friday during registration.

Finally, we will have the Licking River Outfitters at the match. They are a great charity who works with veterans and disabled children on hunting experiences. They will have a booth with some information available.

Stages will be up soon!!

Squads April 27.pdf

Registration April 27.pdf

Just in case there's some funky start I need to practice.

If there is not a toilet seat with a pressure switch that starts the mover when you get up, there is no justice in the world.

Hello everyone!!

At long last, here are the stages. They are still pending approval from Troy but have the blessing of The Range Master! They are also getting prettied up in Sketchup for the 'official' match stuff, but these work for now.

The classifier is not included in the diagrams but will be Tick Tock.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Mads

V For Victory - c1.pdf

Back and To The Right - c1.pdf

But I Thought - c1.pdf

Fork In The Road II - c1.pdf

Gimme A Memory - c1.pdf

Harlem Shake - c1.pdf

Swing and a Miss.pdf

Take a Day Off - c1.pdf

Turkey Turkey - c1.pdf

It's not that hard to shoot this mover. It doesn't move nearly as fast as a swinger. Virtually no lead is required. Once we set it up we may find we don't even need the NS on there.

It's not that hard to shoot this mover. It doesn't move nearly as fast as a swinger. Virtually no lead is required. Once we set it up we may find we don't even need the NS on there.

Well, that may be true for an Open gun at 1450 fps, but with Production at 884 fps (9mm, 147 grain) a target 20 yds away and moving at 10 fps will travel 8" during the bullet's flight, which is wider than the entire A zone. At 10 yds away it's 4", so some lead is still needed for the 5.9" wide A zone. At 180 grain Major velocities the movement is still 7.7 " at 20 yds.

That's assuming these particular parameters, but I recall neglecting to do the calcs last year and shooting behind the target every time - mainly because after the first shot I forgot to lead it at all, never having shot a mover. (Practicing the simulated mover on Matt Burkette's website helps; we'll see how much in three weeks!)