Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Second El Prez

AikiDale

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dle you need to ad, it wont be done.

Yeah, I know. And if man were meant to fly God would have given us tickets.... :D

I almost put in a vote for that Chuck, but the figures don't lie. All the parts are possible. My best time is 6.37 with a Mike . A year ago I was happy when I broke 10 seconds! If a lazy fat blind old guy with no natural talent for this game can take 4 seconds off his time in a year I see no reason why a talented, determined youngster can not make a time made up of obviously possible parts. Even if it were never done the ride would be glorious!

As history shows us, once a barrier is broken it becomes easier for others to cross that line. I am looking forward to one of these fine young shooters to lead the way. That should make it easier for me to shoot a 3 second El Prez myself!!! :lol:

Come on Jake, I'm counting on ya!

Dale, I am not convinced the numbers given are valid. Like I said you may be able to go through the motions and sling bullets around. Just maybe you may get 12 hits 1 out of a 1000 times in 3.00 or under.

The video that was shown is not live fire and just wasnt realistic. I didnt see a mag drop from the gun. Didnt see indexing or any allowance for recoil.

Not being a party pooper, just not following the crowd and being realistic.

I have been over the breakdown before so there really isnt any more to say. Just would like to see how many actually believe it can be done and how many think it cant be done. Its basically a fixed poll, saying it will be done. I dont think it will. So sure of it that I probably wont even believe a video posted on the internet. There would have to be credible witnesses to verify it.

I have been keeping up on this thread as it evolved. If theres was uncertainty early on its gone. I believe the non believers have provided all the motivation these guys need to do it. Keep telling them they won't do it. Its just fuel to the fire. Good luck guys

I believe it will be done.

I believe it will be done on video.

Flyin40

Looks like I'm leading in the polls. :)

They said the same thing about Kerry early on. :) :)

A few points:

It will be done.

It will be a circus trick.

It will not be done at a match.

It will not be "on demand"

It will be done.

SA

So once you, uh, I mean Jake, does the circus trick what's to keep you, uh, him, from doing it in a match on a classifier? You gonna sandbag or something? :D

Not only will it be on video, but, Chuck, just for you I''ll make sure to have a big board timer in the screen as well so you can even see the splits.

I totally echo Anderson's post.

Honestly, I don't care much who is the first one, I've compared both Steve's and my dry fire video and we are just about exactly the same. What really matters is we are both going to do it...and it won't be a fluke for either of us.

I'd also like to thank everyone on here that believes in us, it is greatly appreciated. :)

Even more so though, I'd like to thank the guys that don't believe us....because you are the ones that are ensuring it gets done.

You guys are going for 12 on paper, right?

I am a nobody shooter, but looking over the breakdown, it seems to me that each item is doable by a practiced talented shooter. As others have said, the challenge is to do them all in a single string.

I agree with Jake...it's not between us, but between us and our timers.

It won't be done at a match because you'd have to be a idjit to push that hard at a match.

It looks like the real problem is going to be providing evidence that is acceptable to the jury. :)

(I guess that foils our real plan: Have Jake shoot the drill into the berm, I'll shoot the targets at the same time with a silenced MP5. Dang. :) )

SA

Just a note from a newbie, but if you are only going to paper, which is a good starting point at 3.0 sec (I say just get paper on video, then start upping the points).

So a hint, start shooting the paper low and just allow the recoil to carry you higher through the string, reload and do the same, low to high. That way there is less recoil management. That said, I have not shot an Open gun, so that may not be a factor.

Do it!!!! It can be done!

Whether it can or can't be done is really not the point to me. I don't really care, but no one asked me if I did either.

I'm not going to say that it, this pursuit, is a waste of time, but if I was either Steve or Jake and had my skills at the level of development they do, I'd rather spend my time on working on what it takes to win majors, not a sub-3 second El Prez. ;)

Whether it can or can't be done is really not the point to me. I don't really care, but no one asked me if I did either.

I'm not going to say that it, this pursuit, is a waste of time, but if I was either Steve or Jake and had my skills at the level of development they do, I'd rather spend my time on working on what it takes to win majors, not a sub-3 second El Prez. ;)

Will being able to perform a .6 second draw help you win a major?

Will being able to pull off a .11 or .12 split help you win a major?

Will being able to pull of a 1.2 second Bill Drill (or whatever a smoking time on a Bill Drill is) help you win a major?

I'm gonna say no, but it's nice to have the tools in your box. Same concept applies here, IMO.

300# - yeah, those will all help - and they can do all of those things already, without this stunt. I think that putting them all together just to get 12 random hits (now, if we're talking 12 A's, that is different) is not a worthy expenditure of (1)time, (2) effort, or (3) mental power.

But, then again, I'm not doing it so what I say doesn't really matter (but I am saying it anyway). Carry on, gents.

As much as these guys dedicated themselves to shooting who in thier right mind thinks they can even question them towards dedication towards a major win. When it becomes work and no fun your motivation suffers. You need to work but still have fun.

Its good to see that even a GM can still have a blast shooting. Can break off from the usual training, have some fun. I remember my first yr, just having the best time, it seems these guys still are.

This is for fun....Let them have it

Flyin40

:D I'm all over this!! Not from a competition stand point but just for freakin fun! I've done a 3.2 with a limited gun with all the hits. Not great hits of course, but hits none the less.

So, what division? And how do we prove this? I don't have a digital camera.