Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Second El Prez

AikiDale

Heck, I will send him a buck or a beer either one, just cause he is a good guy...I think the under 3.0 El Prez is out of hand and out of control with the offer of money...my offer to Rhino was in fun...he knew that...I put up NO money for any skills, but would love to see the video...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm going for the six second barrier this year.

Flex ... I decided I can't go to Ohio until you guys get your wacky laws straightened out! Or at least until the average jackbooted thug over there calms down and quits equating being armed with being a "suspect."

:P

Man I wish you hadn't said

My fastest reaction time to the beep is around .24
. I'm 53 and my reaction time is in the .15 -.19 range. Best I've ever done on a timer is .13. That means once you have done the 3 second El Prez I'm gonna have to at least think about it and I was quite happy working on getting down to 5 seconds from 6.5. You guys keep taking all my excuses away and I might have to perform! :D

I remember when I thought a .9 turn and draw was near the edge of reality. In chasing this goal I have gotten my turn and draw par times down below .6

Your reaction time is .24 yet you can turn and draw to a 10 yard target in under .6?

Even in dry fire that would seem pretty amazing....

:o

I'm not the naysayer joker, my friend. I was just doin' the math. I wish you luck in whatever you seek to achieve. All this banter about sub second draws and reloads has spurred even this 40 year old fat guy to try some dry fire....

well almost :D

I know bud, and in point of fact I'm treading the thin line to being rude and disrespectful so I'm going to stop those posts here and now.

I'll have a few videos tomorrow of some draws, reloads, and el prez's. If I can find a kind soul to host them (:)), anyone can take a look and critique me as much as they want.

hi kevin,

we may actually see above freezing temps tomorrow. i know this whole back and forth posting sounds nasty but it really isn't, at least not from my side. jake sounds like a good guy, he just gets a little excited about things. hell when i was twenty i thought i could conquer the world too, and if that's what it takes for him to do what he sets out to do then all the more power to him. i gave up on conquering the world now i just take it a little bit at a time.

As a little THREAD DRIFT HERE:

Some have questioned what, if anything that this "quest" for the sub 3 sec El Prez will do for the participants. I can tell you, the practice that is going into attaining this goal, is only going to make their normal match draws and reloads MUCH faster due to the practice for speed for this "circus trick"! They will have tuned their skills to such a high level, that when they "slow down" for a match, they will be going considerably faster than they had in the past and faster than they had previously thought they could in a match situation.

I know this as FACT!!!!!!!!! I was a professional athlete for 15 years, and this type of "circus trick" training is great for thier skills!!!!! We used to practice some ridiculous shots (golf shots that is) and stuff that we never expected to EVER have to do, well, if ya play long enough, you will be faced with "those" shots! But, what it did, was to make the normal very difficult shots seem very attainable!

I think you guys CAN do it!!!!!! And in your quest, you are doing some GREAT skills training for more practical situations in actual matches!!!!

ZH out!

As a little THREAD DRIFT HERE:

Some have questioned what, if anything that this "quest" for the sub 3 sec El Prez will do for the participants. I can tell you, the practice that is going into attaining this goal, is only going to make their normal match draws and reloads MUCH faster due to the practice for speed for this "circus trick"! They will have tuned their skills to such a high level, that when they "slow down" for a match, they will be going considerably faster than they had in the past and faster than they had previously thought they could in a match situation.

I know this as FACT!!!!!!!!! I was a professional athlete for 15 years, and this type of "circus trick" training is great for thier skills!!!!! We used to practice some ridiculous shots (golf shots that is) and stuff that we never expected to EVER have to do, well, if ya play long enough, you will be faced with "those" shots! But, what it did, was to make the normal very difficult shots seem very attainable!

I think you guys CAN do it!!!!!! And in your quest, you are doing some GREAT skills training for more practical situations in actual matches!!!!

ZH out!

I concur with your observation! ;)

I took Dan's remarks about being wired to the nads on coffe as tongue in cheek. I think what Dan is hinting at is if someone actually shoots a sub three El Pres. and it hits the Web, the Doubting Thomases will out number the cheering section by a huge margin. If a person really wants to be taken seriously they will need to do the start correctly, have someone do the range commands, not self time, etc. I don't see anyone here questioning another's honesty, but if the person accomplishing the feat really expects to maintain thier credibility across the shooting community they will need to have their ducks in a row. Frankly, if Jake or Steve say they did it, that's good enough for me, but the majority of folks who don't know them will roll their eyes, shake their heads, and mumble bull...

Say you can't because you aren't willing to put the work in for it as that is the only valid reason.

I understand the power of positive thinking and all that stuff, but there are valid reasons for someone not being able to shoot a sub three second El Pres. no matter how hard they work. Not everyone is wired for that kind of speed and that's just an undeniable fact.

I understand the power of positive thinking and all that stuff, but there are valid reasons for someone not being able to shoot a sub three second El Pres. no matter how hard they work. Not everyone is wired for that kind of speed and that's just an undeniable fact.

That is VERY true, not everyone is born with the same skills! Well said!

Ron,

I believe that is true in only some cases.

I personally know 2 people who were told they would never walk again, who walk...one is even an amazingly fast sprinter.

I've always believed you can achieve anything you want if you want it enough. In some cases this isn't true, but in mine it is.

The big problem I have with all of us.

If TJ, TGO, TT or any of the top guys in the sport came here and said they were going to do it, there would be very very few people who would doubt them. Just because I haven't won a national championship or world championship, does not mean I never will.

If that vast majority of the shooting community rolls their eyes, so be it. No one that has set this goal is doing it so joe blow in hickville, tennessee will think highly of them or even believe them.

Ultimately I am doing this for me and my girlfriend who believes in me more than anyone. When I attain it, and people spout there wasn't an RO, or there weren't enough witnesses, or any other thing they will say, it won't matter if everyone believes them over me, the fact is I will know I did it. There are always going to be people who believe it can't be done. Some will believe that because they can't do it. Some will say it because they won't be able to admit the fact that if they had wanted it, they could have done it. This isn't directed at anyone in particular.

I still very much so respect Chuck, Dan, and every anonymous person who voted it as being impossible.

I will not gloat when I do it, nor will I say I told you so. I will not get defensive when people say I didn't do it, nor when I am accused of lying. Whenever someone does say that to me though, what I will do is smile and nod, because I know that I did it, and deep down inside they know too.

I guess i have to apologize. I took this whole thing wrong and had a bit of negativity to my posts. I still dont think it can be done. But I guess I connected the skills involved to do a sub 3 to IPSC shooting. Those skills you guys talk about are awesome. To be honest my draws and reloads suck. I could never do a Sub 4 El Pres. But at the same time I have won many matches. Those days are over. My strong point was not speed shoots but field courses, although the one stage I won at the nationals was a speed shoot. And that was a nationals where everybody(419) was shooting the same division. These skills do not make you a good IPSC shooter and I guess my negativity comes from knowing allot of people gauge your ability by your draw & reload. I like to gauge it by performance in competition. When it comes to shooting my love is the game fo IPSC and I am not interested in anything else so I guess I can be short sighted in relation to subjects like this.

You guys are putting allot of effort in doing the el pres. There comes a point where the gain starts diminishing in relation to the effort. I read the text with videos on Steves page. He said he has done over 100,000 El pres in the past 2 years. Thats 137 a day every day. If you guys would use that energy on the complete game then you would be winning allot of matches.

I didnt mean to offend anybody by the documentation comments but at first jake did say he wanted to be the first to do something that has never been done. When you make this claim you have to be able to back it up. When you have the likes of Robbie, Jerry, Todd, Travis, Taran, Phil, Brian among others who have all shot El pres and nobody has achieved a sub 3 it is going to be hard to believe.

I dont want to be negative. If somebody does do it then they possess skills that i cannot even imagine. For now I have stay with what i know.

Dale, did you start the voting fresh when you added the "it cant be done" or was there already a good number of votes for Steve & Jake when you added it? Just wondering how many of those that vote for one or the other would have voted no if it was available.

Dale, did you start the voting fresh when you added the "it cant be done" or was there already a good number of votes for Steve & Jake when you added it? Just wondering how many fo those that vote for one or the other would have voted no if it was available.

When I asked Flex to add the not gonna happen option there were two votes, one each for Jake and Steve. I don't think many, if any, voted before he made the change so the vote should be pretty accurate.