Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Second El Prez

AikiDale

Jake,

I don't doubt the two of you can pull it off! You both have great talent and the determination to do it!

I want to do it only because Mr. Bradley says it can't be done. I'll be the first one on the range with 10,000 rds of ammo to prove it. ( Come on Ray, you know what I mean!!!)

The question still remains, how to prove it was done? Do we have to have this on video or can we do it in front of some people and post the results?

And why couldn't this be done in the middle of summer? It's freakin 10 degrees outside!! How do you run a 6 second El Prez in 10 degrees?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

300# - yeah, those will all help - and they can do all of those things already, without this stunt. I think that putting them all together just to get 12 random hits (now, if we're talking 12 A's, that is different) is not a worthy expenditure of (1)time, (2) effort, or (3) mental power.

But, then again, I'm not doing it so what I say doesn't really matter (but I am saying it anyway). Carry on, gents.

The whole point of our game is putting them all together.

The guys at the top of any sport know what it's like to run at the ragged edge of their abilities and are always trying to push that ragged edge higher and higher. They dial it back during competition so that the results will be consistently high rather than occasionally REALLY high and occasionally crashing and burning.

300# - yeah, those will all help - and they can do all of those things already, without this stunt.  I think that putting them all together just to get 12 random hits (now, if we're talking 12 A's, that is different) is not a worthy expenditure of (1)time, (2) effort, or (3) mental power.

But, then again, I'm not doing it so what I say doesn't really matter (but I am saying it anyway).  Carry on, gents.

The whole point of our game is putting them all together.

The guys at the top of any sport know what it's like to run at the ragged edge of their abilities and are always trying to push that ragged edge higher and higher. They dial it back during competition so that the results will be consistently high rather than occasionally REALLY high and occasionally crashing and burning.

I don't think any of this has to do with this "stunt" at all. It's more about breaking away from the practice mentality and just having fun attaining a goal.

It's like this. A few of us get together through the week and practice really hard. Usually at the end of our practice sessions we have little bets that go on between people.

The last bet on me was that I could not hit a popper, make a reload, and hit that popper again before it touched the ground. It took me a few tries but I did it. Does this have anything to do with a practicing skills to get better? Not really, but it was fun! This is just something to do to break the regular practice routine to have some fun!

Hmmmmmm............

No pressure guys, but a 'demonstration of progress so far' at Kyle's Ohio Section match would be a blast! Maybe while we are waiting for Stats ? There would be plenty of witnesses and certified ROs with timers.... Heck, I might even break 6 seconds!

The last bet on me was that I could not hit a popper, make a reload, and hit that popper again before it touched the ground. It took me a few tries but I did it. Does this have anything to do with a practicing skills to get better? Not really, but it was fun! This is just something to do to break the regular practice routine to have some fun!

I want to shoot with you guys. It's fun to have shooting partners that push you. :)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see SA or Jake looking at this as "fun". But, it sure could turn out that way by the time its all over. I'm all about keeping things light and in touch with reality, but that wasn't the vibe I was getting from Jake when this thing started.

300# - I get your point, but what is this? A circus stunt or pushing oneself towards improvement? I'm sorry, but I come from the camp of "just because you can, doesn't always mean you should".

SA, Jake, Matt, etc - don't get me wrong, if this is a goal for you all, go for it and best of luck in reaching it. Just remember to smile when its over.

I was going to answer "Me!" in the poll ... then I awakened!

Hey ... any chance we could put an expiration date on a pool? That way those of us who may (or may not) choose to bet on "Never" can rake-in their Las Vegas earnings when the time is up.

How about ... two years?

When I started it wasn't meant to be fun.

As of now, this is a total riot. I've never learned as much or had as much fun as I have chasing this goal.

I remember when I thought a .9 turn and draw was near the edge of reality. In chasing this goal I have gotten my turn and draw par times down below .6, and all of a sudden I don't think it's fast. It is absolutely incredible what this kind of goal can do.

As Walt Disney said, "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." :)

Shooting it like a classifer, toes against the box, proper range commands, delayed start, no creeping, blah, blah, an El Pres. as we all know it in under 3 seconds with half Alpha's and half Charlies (other thread). I don't feel like tossing a whole lot of "incentive money" in the pot, but if you guys want to bet with even odds with the end of the year the deadline, send me a pvt. message.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see SA or Jake looking at this as "fun". But, it sure could turn out that way by the time its all over. I'm all about keeping things light and in touch with reality, but that wasn't the vibe I was getting from Jake when this thing started.

300# - I get your point, but what is this? A circus stunt or pushing oneself towards improvement? I'm sorry, but I come from the camp of "just because you can, doesn't always mean you should".

SA, Jake, Matt, etc - don't get me wrong, if this is a goal for you all, go for it and best of luck in reaching it. Just remember to smile when its over.

Dude, look at your own signature! You want to keep things "light and in touch with reality" but then you have THAT sig!

This "circus trick" is not a goal, an achievment, or reality. It's doing something completely pointless to have fun with shooting.

I guess my circus "camp" was a little different than yours. Mine said to be all you can be.

The last bet on me was that I could not hit a popper, make a reload, and hit that popper again before it touched the ground.

Now why didn't I think of this? Less ammo needed compared to putting 6 before the popper falls.

And c'mon guys! Do it already. :P

Btw, we've seen Steve's dry fire. How about some live fire? I'd like to see some sub 4's. ;)

As of now, this is a total riot. I've never learned as much or had as much fun as I have chasing this goal.

Okay...see...I wasn't off my rocker!!! But I'm glad this is turned into a bit of trivial fun!!!

Matt - Man, I think you misunderstand me. Push limits. Piss people off. Make people think. Dare. Tell me I can't. When this thread started it wasn't a game. Now that it is a game, that's cool. Hell, I'll try it just to see what will happen. Who knows, maybe I can break or re-write a few of the laws of physics while I'm at it. ;)

Wait just a cotpickin' minute.

If I gotta do a 3...Trout has to do a 2.5 to keep it fair.

Tales of his speed are legendary is these valleys. Why, he once faked a back injury at a match just to toy with us... :)

How's the back Matt? Hope it's better.

SA

btw, when I shot that 3.69, I was actually trying for a flat 4 all A's. back in the ancient times of 2004, that was a decent goal. it never really occured to me to try for a 3.

As of now, this is a total riot.  I've never learned as much or had as much fun as I have chasing this goal.

Okay...see...I wasn't off my rocker!!! But I'm glad this is turned into a bit of trivial fun!!!

Matt - Man, I think you misunderstand me. Push limits. Piss people off. Make people think. Dare. Tell me I can't. When this thread started it wasn't a game. Now that it is a game, that's cool. Hell, I'll try it just to see what will happen. Who knows, maybe I can break or re-write a few of the laws of physics while I'm at it. ;)

BigDave,

Maybe I did misunderstand you. i thought you were calling us all clowns :D

I apologize for spouting off.

SA,

Let me hammer a spike in the middle of your spine and see how well you fake it ;) Actually, I've been to the chiropractor at least once a week for 4 monthes. He said I'm in my 20's but my back is in it's 50's. It was a lot worse than I thought it was. Doing well now though, thanks for asking.

I'm just a paper GM, you're the author of a book which makes you "Pro"...you get the 2.5 and I get the handicap :D

Well, you guys are pushing me now.

I may just have to practice a little and do this too.

How much $$$ if I can do it (under 3.00 with half As, half Cs or better) with my mighty Kimber and factory 230gr ball ammo?

I took more than two seconds (almost three) off of my previous best time just by believing I could turn around faster than I was doing it. A couple more "revelations" and I may get there without even practicing.

Or maybe that will be the revelation. :lol:

Okay ... here's another bet.

What will happen first:

One of the fast guys doing this under 3.00, or Moi doing it under 6.00?

I think it's pretty much an equal challenge, as my best is 7.93 sec with 51 points and practice is unlikely.

1000 bucks if you can do it under three with half A and half C's, documented with video.

How's that for incentive...and you have till Labor Day to do it..

David,

Does this mean we can add you to the contingency? :)