Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex introducing new 3-gun scope?

ambluemax

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used Jesse's code @ Optics Planet (worked, no issues).... Showed "in stock" but it hasn't shipped????... We shall see.....

Unfortunately this is an all too frequent occurrence.

Usually Primary Arms and SWFA have comparable prices, true in stock notice and ship promptly.

Its really close to daylight bright on 11. If you look directly into a bright sky you will lose the red but it'll show up just fine on a bright day when looking at a target though.

I also compared it to my MTAC and the glass is as good, maybe a bit better but the 6 power really stands out. the eyebox is a little more forgiving as well. Only gripe is the reticle adjust doesnt have an off setting between each power.

I used Jesse's code @ Optics Planet (worked, no issues).... Showed "in stock" but it hasn't shipped????... We shall see.....

Unfortunately this is an all too frequent occurrence.

Usually Primary Arms and SWFA have comparable prices, true in stock notice and ship promptly.

If they are back ordered for awhile they call to confirm you want to wait. Unfortunately SWFA and Primary Arms don't sponsor several major 3-gun matches or any 3-gun competitors.

2 guys on my squad this weekend had these, and they both likd them. Only trouble they seemed to have was the long range stage, targets at 325, 350, 425 and 490. Neither of them got all four targets, both said the hash marks were off so hey have to go back and figure out were its hitting with their ammo. Other than that they loved them!

2 guys on my squad this weekend had these, and they both likd them. Only trouble they seemed to have was the long range stage, targets at 325, 350, 425 and 490. Neither of them got all four targets, both said the hash marks were off so hey have to go back and figure out were its hitting with their ammo. Other than that they loved them!

If the two guys in your squad didn't chrono their loads and run the numbers thru a ballistic software before shooting a match they don't know WTF they are doing.

It's pretty simple stuff. The BDC in the scope is set for one data set. Chances are your rifle/ammo is different and you need to understand the difference.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

How big where the targets? If they where as generously sized as most long range 3 gun targets your BDC can be off a ways and you can still make easy hits using it. Any chance these guys where just missing?

They are both good shots. Maybe it was the lack of time with a new scope, or it could have been the wind. It was blowing around 15mph from right to left across the targets.

I have shot maybe 3 matches in the past 6 years where the wind caused me to miss a target. Our target presentations are generous enough that wind barely causes us to hold off target.

If the two guys in your squad didn't chrono their loads and run the numbers thru a ballistic software before shooting a match they don't know WTF they are doing.

It's pretty simple stuff. The BDC in the scope is set for one data set. Chances are your rifle/ammo is different and you need to understand the difference.

I was about to write the same thing