Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

I hope that is the case but my bank has it as a pending transaction and pulls that amount from the available balance just as if it had been paid. Not a huge deal just a little more salt in the "You're on the wait list" wound.

:mellow:

Edited by StraightUp_OG

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was one of the many completing my registration within the first two minutes. I was on the site 5 minutes before registration opened hitting refresh every 30 seconds just waiting for PS to say open and start asap.

Hope we see a "you're confirmed and in and start squadding" email sometime soon.

I heard it was sold out in less than 20 minutes....

Edited by rowdyb

I just checked the 2015 Area 2 Desert Classic registration link (4:18 pm 12-02-2014) on the Practiscore web page and I got an open registration page that let me fill in the registration form and a green OPEN indicator in the upper right hand corner of the page. I've already registered so I didn't send another but it looks like you can still sign up.

Sorry about the above post, checked Rio Salado web site match is indeed full... Looks like a lot of local folks got aced out. What does everybody think about setting up registration so that Area 2 shooters get first shot (no pun intended).

Give Area 2 shooters say 24 or 48 hours to sign up before any non-sponsored shooters outside Area 2 are allowed to register.

Just a thought, wonder what other folks think about the idea. I think Area 1 does it that way.

Sorry about the above post, checked Rio Salado web site match is indeed full... Looks like a lot of local folks got aced out. What does everybody think about setting up registration so that Area 2 shooters get first shot (no pun intended).

Give Area 2 shooters say 24 or 48 hours to sign up before any non-sponsored shooters outside Area 2 are allowed to register.

Just a thought, wonder what other folks think about the idea. I think Area 1 does it that way.

I think that all the division should be give a certain # of slots to fill, say revo 30 slots, lim 10 50 slots, production 100 slots, limited and open whatever is left to be filled by area 2 shooters with say 2 to 3 days to get their slots. then other areas gets the left over slots, then what isn't filled from the lower precipitant divisions get put over to the other division wait list.

I think the organizers should be very proud of their match. The reputation is so good that it sells out in 20 minutes. WOW!

I feel very good about getting in early and not being wait listed. Can't wait till March.

A2 Championship page posted an update saying if you are wait listed they will hold on to your money until they decide if you get to shoot or not.

Out of courtesy I hope they decide soon, as the match is 3 months away, and lodging, transportation, etc needs to be resolved.

I hope I don't come across as negative, as I have loved the match every time I've shot it! Staff, stages, range, etc have all been top notch in the last two years when I have attended.

My only suggestion other than potentially reviewing the sign up process would be the prize table procedure. This year was an excellent match but the prize table after the first few shooters became a random participation drawing. After the expense of the match fees, lodging, travel, etc it would be nice to select what you would like/need rather than a random bag. I heard a number of shooters echo this sentiment so I know I am not the only one.

Love this idea.

Love this idea.

Being from Colorado I do not like this Idea :) Maybe if it wasn't such an awesome match I wouldn't register! It's your fault guys! Quit making it awesome.

Love this idea.

Being from Colorado I do not like this Idea :) Maybe if it wasn't such an awesome match I wouldn't register! It's your fault guys! Quit making it awesome.

Colorado is in Area 2. :)

Orange> I'm assuming that's 5:01 match time zone. You shoulda definitely made the cut. I heard they were having major server problems right at the start. A lot of people that tried to register right at the beginning were having all sorts of server and error issues. I hope you weren't caught up in that.

You should have received an email from pistol-stats@rsscaz.com (match Director) almost immediately.

I'd agree with that. At least 24 hours. Having never shot it before everyone said to get on it right away. So I was sitting in front of the computer at 430 and just kept clicking refresh and hoped my fingers where faster than everyone else out there.

I also got the "personal Management Link" but havent been able to do anything with it.